Old March 8th 17, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.info

Default Ham Radio 360: APRS Follow-up (Listener Q&A)

Ham Radio 360

Ham Radio 360: APRS Follow-up (Listener Q&A)

http://hamradio360.com/index.php/201...p-listener-qa/

A few weeks back, on our first APRS show Kenneth Finnegan (W6KWF) helped
explain the APRS Protocol.Â* Since that time, weve asked for and received a
number of listener questions.Â* In this episode of the Ham Radio 360 Podcast
we delve into those questions to further understand this thing called APRS!

(4:00)

Paths? What do they mean, and What do I use?

2. (28:00)

My APRS wont show on aprs.fi when using my 5w HT?
Why wont my APRS messaging work?
RF Gate, I-Gate or both? 3rd Party Traffic Questions. SMSGTE
Is APRS used on other bands? 30m Robust Packet
Why does APRS only use the 144.390 frequency?

3. (49:00)

How do I digipeat through the ISS?
Can I use APRS to monitor my off-grid cabin conditions?
What is the Next Generation of APRS-can it be like ADS-B?
How is APRS developed?Â* Is it developed?
What is the architecture of APRS-IS?
What are the uses of APRS that arent GPS tracking?
Why do all APRS websites suck?
Wheres the documentation?
Faraday RF, is it operational with APRS?

4. (1:13:00)

APRS Etiquette, am I doing it right?
Whats up with the 200+ symbols for things on the map?
What is the Local Freq Initiative? Does it work?
Object Beacons for the Local Freq Initiative?

5. (1:31:00)

K4CDN-5 Digipeater/I-Gate.
When to set-up an I-Gate/Digipeater?
Hardware recommendations?
How the K4CDN-5 digi changed APRS

Show Links:

aprs.link

aprs.fi

ARISS.net

ASTARS

Satellite Connections

Alinco DR-135TMKIII 2M

Argent Data PNP TNC

KWF on the Wildflower Triathlon

@KWF on Twitter

ARPS on Facebook

APRS Symbol Chart

APRX aprs Software

KWF Thesis (pdf)

Event Time Data Extension

Texas Digital Radio

Remember to Visit our Show Sponsors!
Elecraft

Main Trading Company

Thanks for listening and contributing to show #73, we hope you enjoyed this
episode!

73 Yall!

Cale/K4CDN

This posting includes a media file: