Old January 8th 05, 11:33 PM
Fred McKenzie

Default Heathkit SB-200 Manual page missing

I found data on the Heathkit SB-200 linear amplifier on both the BAMA and
mods.dk web sites, including three copies of the manual in PDF format. One
version is abbreviated and the other two appear to be identical.

None of these manuals have Page 41, which would appear to contain pictorials
13, 14 and 15. The two identical copies jump from page 40 with pictorial 12,
to page 42 with Initial Test and Final Assembly. The abbreviated copy contains
even less.

It is possible that there were more than one generation of the manual, so I
need the page between pictorial 12 and the Initial Test section. Could someone
with the manual please scan the missing page and post it at
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic?

I'm sure it would be appreciated by the people at BAMA and mods.dk web sites as
well.

Thanks.

73, Fred, K4DII

Old January 9th 05, 06:13 AM
JKJsysadm

Fred writes:
I found data on the Heathkit SB-200 linear amplifier on both the BAMA and
mods.dk web sites, including three copies of the manual in PDF format. One
version is abbreviated and the other two appear to be identical.

None of these manuals have Page 41, which would appear to contain pictorials
13, 14 and 15. The two identical copies jump from page 40 with pictorial 12,
to page 42 with Initial Test and Final Assembly. The abbreviated copy
contains
even less.

It is possible that there were more than one generation of the manual, so I
need the page between pictorial 12 and the Initial Test section. Could
someone
with the manual please scan the missing page and post it at
alt.binaries.schematics.electroni

Page 41 Pictorial 13 shows how to solder a shield wire of un specified length
to RCA connector, Pictorial 14, how to solder RG-58 to a PL-259, and
Pictorial 15 Shows how to make two 4 foot cables using "small" shielded cable
and RCA connectors. Almost any heathkit manual or ARRL manual has instructions
on how to do this kind of soldering.

Old January 9th 05, 03:24 PM
Fred McKenzie

Page 41 Pictorial 13 shows how to solder a shield wire of un specified
length
to RCA connector, Pictorial 14, how to solder RG-58 to a PL-259, and
Pictorial 15 Shows how to make two 4 foot cables using "small" shielded cable
and RCA connectors. Almost any heathkit manual or ARRL manual has instructions
on how to do this kind of soldering.

JK-

Thanks for the information. I'll insert your message in place of Page 41, in
case I can't find a copy.

The local club is attempting to help the widow of a Silent Key to dispose of
his equipment. I thought it would help the SB-200 sell if it had a manual.
(I'm also considering buying it if the competition isn't too great!)

Thanks.

73, Fred, K4DII

Old January 9th 05, 03:53 PM
Ralph Mowery

"Fred McKenzie" wrote in message
I found data on the Heathkit SB-200 linear amplifier on both the BAMA and
mods.dk web sites, including three copies of the manual in PDF format.

One
version is abbreviated and the other two appear to be identical.

None of these manuals have Page 41, which would appear to contain

pictorials
13, 14 and 15. The two identical copies jump from page 40 with pictorial

12,
to page 42 with Initial Test and Final Assembly. The abbreviated copy

contains
even less.

Fred a copy in pdf format is on the way to you. Just hope your email here
is the correct address.

73 de ku4pt

Old January 9th 05, 04:35 PM
Fred McKenzie

In article et, "Ralph
Mowery" wrote:

Fred a copy in pdf format is on the way to you. Just hope your email here
is the correct address.

73 de ku4pt

Ralph-

My address is garbled just a bit, "communicate" should be "com".

If you caught that, something else went wrong, or it just hasn't shown up yet.
I've been having all kinds of trouble with AOL not posting messages in the AOL
newsgroup, but still sending them to the outside world. I've taken to reading
messages at a read-only news server and posting responses on AOL. Your message
did not appear on the AOL news server but did on the news-read2.maxwell.syr.edu
server.

73, Fred, K4DII

Old January 9th 05, 09:53 PM
Fred McKenzie

In article et, "Ralph
Mowery" wrote:

Fred a copy in pdf format is on the way to you. Just hope your email here
is the correct address.

73 de ku4pt

Thanks to Ralph and Jim, I now have a complete manual, and the BAMA web site
will have it as well.

73, Fred, K4DII