Old April 6th 21, 04:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [WB4SON] Keeping your paddle in place

WB4SON

Keeping your paddle in place

https://wb4son.com/wpblog/?p=4325

Ive always been rather ham-fisted when it comes to sending Morse Code.Â* Not
so much that I squeeze the paddles so much they bend, but rather I knock
the paddle all over the table.Â* ItÂ* is hard to send a 5 when the paddle is
moving!Â* Some of that is age and some of it is lack of practice.Â* After
acquiring a UR5CDX CT73 MB-L, travel paddle, the problem was amplified due
to its light weight.

A friend of mine, Bruce NJ3K, had discovered DXengineerings Paddle Pad and
suggested I try one out.Â* They come in two sizes (the photo below is the
larger size).Â* Both the bottom and top of the pad is sort of sticky (but
not in a messy way).Â* Sure enough, when I put the paddle on the pad, it no
longer moves.Â* Thank you Bruce!

The company that makes the stick pad for DXengineering is HandStands, which
sells through Amazon and other dealers for about the same price (without
the pretty DXengineering logo of course).