Old March 28th 20, 03:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [WB4SON] A Ham has no end of things to do

WB4SON

A Ham has no end of things to do

https://wb4son.com/wpblog/?p=4083

With much of the world self-isolating during the COVID outbreak, some folks
are understandably getting cabin fever.Â* My family and I try to reduce that
as much as we can by getting outside in the fresh air on sunny days (sort
of rare in RI now, during our rainy season; so lots more 40-50 degree days
with grey skies).Â* But of course, being a ham, I have no problem filling
all those rainy days with radio activities.

Still sometimes I have to pay the piper on a sunny day.Â* Today was spent
changing the oil in my Honda Generator (EU2000i).Â* I purchased that at the
end of August 2011, just in time to lose power for about a week after
Hurricane Irene smacked Rhode Island.Â* Since then it has been used dozens
of times for power outages and various Winter and Summer Field Day events.

The last time I changed the oil (bad Bob, bad), was in June of 2019, right
before Field Day.Â* So today was the oil change day, plus putting the
snowblower away and getting the lawnmower ready for spring.Â* Despite using
the generator for less than 30 hours, the oil was fairly dirty as you can
see in the photo below.

Please note the use of an accessory oil change tube (milled out of aluminum
tubing) to keep oil from dribbling all over the inside of the generator
when changing it.Â* Also note the very low tech oil changing stand!
Changing the oil in a Honda EU2000i