Old April 10th 21, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default [KB6NU] Lets flood the ARRL with ideas

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Lets flood the ARRL with ideas

In various talks that David, NA2AA,has given since hes taken over as ARRL
CEO, he says that hes trying to move the ARRL towards a culture of yes. By
that he means, instead of preemptively saying no to suggestions, hes trying
to get the ARRL to at least consider the ideas first. If he can actually
move the ARRL in this direction (and this is where its a good thing that
the ARRL isnt that big of an organization), it will be a good thing.

Now, he needs some ideas. In his editorial in the April 2021 issue of QST,Â*
NA2AA invites ARRL members to submit their ideas for consideration. He
writes:

Your ideas, small and big ones, will inspire a culture of improvement and
innovation. So, get involved, be a connector, stay radio active, and see
you on the air!

I hope that hes serious about this. Ive been critical before about how the
ARRL treats member suggestions. Their policy seemed to be that if the idea
didnt originate in Newington, it just wasnt worth considering. Thats a real
shame because there are a lot of talented people in the ARRL, and the ARRL,
and amateur radio in general, would be a lot better off if we we could take
advantage of that talent.

I suggest that we flood the ARRL with ideas. You can go to
http://www.arrl.org/ideas and click on a link there, or send an email to
with the following information:

First Name:

Last Name:

Call Sign:

Email:

Can ARRL contact you via email (Y/N):

Telephone:

Can ARRL contact you via phone (Y/N):

Title:

What is the title of your idea?

Describe your idea

Goal:

What primary goal will ARRL and its members achieve or enjoy through
testing or trying your idea?

I just sent an email with the following suggestion: actually start
publishing the club newsletter. This newsletter is still on the list of
e-mail newsletters that you can subscribe to, but hasnt been published for
years.

The editorial concludes:

We are excited to see your ideas! We will work on ways to make you aware of
the status of your idea (just acknowledgement is a start). And there may be
ways to create working groups that include you as we move forward with
implementation.

I really hope this works out. Ill be keeping the ARRLs feet to the fire on
this.

The post Lets flood the ARRL with ideas appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio
Blog.

Old April 11th 21, 12:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

"KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin"
wrote in message

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Lets flood the ARRL with ideas

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/kb6nu...source=feedbur
ner&utm_medium=email

writes:

[...]

The first step is to get ARRL to stop working against the interests of radio
amateurs by never putting up a fight against the FCC when they want to do
something stupid.

Hopefully the new leadership will be the change we need, but I've been
waiting for that change for decades, which is why I no longer give them my
dollars.

--
OldbieOne
The Guy Who Tells It Like It Is (TM)