Old November 16th 16, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default [KB6NU] Lets push for the Amateur Radio Parity Act in this Congress

KB6NU's Ham Radio Blog

Lets push for the Amateur Radio Parity Act in this Congress

Dear ARRL member,
I am writing to you today because we are nearing the end of the 114th
Congress and the efforts to obtain passage of The Amateur Radio Parity Act
are at a critical juncture. With a few short weeks left to the year, we
must get this bill passed NOW or we will need to start all over again come
January 1, 2017.
As you know, thanks to your previous efforts, the legislative efforts
scored a major victory in our campaign when the Amateur Radio Parity Act,
H.R. 1301, passed in the House of Representatives on September 12th. The
legislation is now in the Senate in two forms – as H.R. 1301 and
alternately in the packaged bill S. 253. Â*We still need every Senator to
approve the bill.
You are one of over 730,000 licensed Amateur Radio Operators living in the
United States.Â* Many of you already live in deed-restricted communities,
and that number grows daily.
We asked you for your help in September and you responded in great
numbers.Â* We collected over 63,000 emails that were distributed to every
single U.S. Senator.Â* That is amazing. However, with the election hiatus
over, each and every Senator must be reminded that their business is not
complete until this important legislation affecting hams is passed and sent
to the President.
Even if you wrote in the past, we need you to write again!
ONCE AGAIN I REMIND YOU THAT NOW IS THE TIME FOR ALL HAMS TO GET INVOLVED
IN THE PROCESS!

If you want to have effective outdoor antennas, but are not currently
allowed to do so by your Home Owner’s Association, PLEASE SEND THESE EMAILS
TODAY!Â*
If you don’t live in a deed-restricted community but you care about the
future of Amateur Radio, please support your avocation and your fellow hams
and SEND THESE EMAILS TODAY!

We need you to reach out one more time to your Senators TODAY!Â*
Right away Right now!
Help us in the effort.Â* Please go to this linked website and follow the
prompts:

https://arrl.rallycongress.net/ctas/...o-parity-actÂ*
Thank you.
Â*73,
Rick Roderick, K5UR

ARRL The national association for Amateur Radio®

The post Lets push for the Amateur Radio Parity Act in this Congress
appeared first on KB6NUs Ham Radio Blog.