Old February 9th 05, 02:46 PM
Mike Andrews

Default Yaesu/Vertex VX-150 won't xmit

My wife and I got a pair of VX-150 about 3 weeks back. I've been using
mine heavily, while she has only used hers maybe a dozen times. Mine
stopped transmitting Tuesday afternoon; hers stopped last night. Both
are in good shape otherwise: receive fine.

Anyone else seen this sort of failure in a VX-150?

--
Mike Andrews, KE5DMQ

Tired old sysadmin
Old February 9th 05, 09:55 PM
danjr

"Mike Andrews" wrote in message
My wife and I got a pair of VX-150 about 3 weeks back. I've been using
mine heavily, while she has only used hers maybe a dozen times. Mine
stopped transmitting Tuesday afternoon; hers stopped last night. Both
are in good shape otherwise: receive fine.

Anyone else seen this sort of failure in a VX-150?

I have two of these rigs and use and abuse them daily. They're built tough
and I have never had any trouble at all with them. Have owned them over a
year. I know a couple other people who have them and have not experienced
any problems either.

I'd call up Yaesu tech support at 1-714-827-7600. Anytime I have had to
deal with them has been positive, and had to send them a rig a couple times
and got a very quick turnaround.

Dan

Old February 11th 05, 06:56 PM
Mike Andrews

danjr wrote:
"Mike Andrews" wrote in message
My wife and I got a pair of VX-150 about 3 weeks back. I've been using
mine heavily, while she has only used hers maybe a dozen times. Mine
stopped transmitting Tuesday afternoon; hers stopped last night. Both
are in good shape otherwise: receive fine.

Anyone else seen this sort of failure in a VX-150?

I have two of these rigs and use and abuse them daily. They're built tough
and I have never had any trouble at all with them. Have owned them over a
year. I know a couple other people who have them and have not experienced
any problems either.

I'd call up Yaesu tech support at 1-714-827-7600. Anytime I have had to
deal with them has been positive, and had to send them a rig a couple times
and got a very quick turnaround.

I ran some tests yesterday, and then called the number above and had a
nice chat with the guy who took the call. Since each will talk to the
other in simplex mode (in tone squelch mode as well as out), but both
fail to open any of the local repeaters, it's pretty obvious that they
are transmitting on-frequency and that the RF power out just isn't
enough to do the job with the repeaters, which indicates that both HTs
have had the final fail. That was my conclusion before the call, and
the Vertex guy thinks it probably is correct.

They're in the mail now, and the turnaround is 5-7 business days. *sigh*

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO

Tired old sysadmin