Old June 16th 05, 02:15 AM
Elzo Jenkins

Default Rocker switch question

Hi all,
I have this variable power transformer that I need to replace the
main power switch on. I'm not sure where I could get one or exactly
what type of switch I need. I was told the company that makes this
transformer unit is in China and I would be better off finding a
generic replacement from the USA. I took a photo of it and printed the
specs (to the best of my limited ability) on it. Could someone please
take a look and point me in the right direction to a website link
where I can order one and let me know what exactly do I ask for?
Thanks much in advance! If you have any trouble with the picture link
below, please e-mail me ) and I can attach a
jpeg in my reply.
Regards,
Elzo Jenkins

http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/Clo.../rocker?full=1
Old June 16th 05, 12:55 PM
Floyd Sense

Check Radio Shack - they have very similar switches. Also, check the local
auto supplies store such as Advance, Pep Boys, etc.

K8AC

Old June 16th 05, 08:20 PM
Travis Jordan

Elzo Jenkins wrote:
http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/Clo.../rocker?full=1

Looks like a standard switch. Try an NTE 54-386
http://www.wallcoinc.com/ProductDeta...e=Wal11-54-386

Old June 16th 05, 08:33 PM
Travis Jordan

Travis Jordan wrote:
Elzo Jenkins wrote:
http://galleries.cigarweekly.com/Clo.../rocker?full=1

Looks like a standard switch. Try an NTE 54-386
http://www.wallcoinc.com/ProductDeta...e=Wal11-54-386

Note that the NTE switch uses an separate LED for power indication. You
may want to also look at Alcoswitch's PRG series.

http://www.rs-components.co.uk/elect...index1016.html

Old June 17th 05, 04:06 AM
Gary S.

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:15:06 -0400, Elzo Jenkins
wrote:

Hi all,
I have this variable power transformer that I need to replace the
main power switch on. I'm not sure where I could get one or exactly
what type of switch I need. I was told the company that makes this

Newark Electronics, Digikey, Mouser, etc. All have websites.

Probably needs to be a higher rated switch, as a transformer may pull
a lot of current. Be generous with the specs.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA