Old July 6th 05, 06:55 PM
larry

Default problem with IC-22S

Greetings

Since this is a group concerning equipment.. I have a question...I have an
IC-22S which has a technical problem...

When in operation, it only operates in simplex....I have the front panel off
so I could follow the wiring easier... The center pin, of the +duplex
simplex -duplex switch goes to the diode matrix board.. even the schematic
doesn't help from there...

The outside two wires, acording to the schematic go the other places....

Does anyone know what signals I should see on the outside two wires... I am
not too concerned about whether they are the - or + duplex signals only what
they should be...

Larry ve3fxq

Old July 7th 05, 04:33 AM
Fred McKenzie

In article , "larry"
wrote:

Since this is a group concerning equipment.. I have a question...I have an
IC-22S which has a technical problem...

Larry-

I can't answer your question. I can only provide the stock reply for
IC-22S problems, and let you see if it can be applied.

It seems that the Phase Lock Loop PCB used stainless steel pins to connect
the front and back sides. Even if you succeed in soldering that
combination, the joint will eventually fail.

The solution is to take it apart, remove the pins and replace with wire
that can be soldered.

If your - or + duplex signals are connected to the PLL, they well could be
affected by poor connection of the feed-thru pins.

73, Fred, K4DII
Old July 10th 05, 03:40 PM
Ron

LArry, Do you have a schematic for the 22s? If not I may be able help.
I have one though I can;'t put myy hands on it immediately.
Talk about bringing back memories!
That was a great radio in it's time except for the problems that
killed it. Through plated holes and pins that eventually would fail as
was pointed out by another contributor. Had a really nice receive with
helical resonators on the frront end.

Thirty years ago!! My age is showing!
Contact me if you need that print