Old July 19th 05, 06:42 PM
Ed

Default WTD: Collins parts sources

I have a Collins 51S1-1 receiver in need of some mechanical parts for a
restoration project, primarily needing the perferated metal case. Can
anyone point me to a source for such parts? Thanks.

Ed K7AAT
Old July 20th 05, 01:52 AM
Larry

Hi Ed,

You might give the Collins Collectors Association reflector a try. Go
to www.collinsradio.org where you can sign up for the reflector
and then post a message with a want list.

73 Larry WA9VRH
Collins Collectrors Association Archive Manager

Old July 20th 05, 04:36 AM
Ed

You might give the Collins Collectors Association reflector a try.
Go to www.collinsradio.org where you can sign up for the reflector
and then post a message with a want list.

73 Larry WA9VRH
Collins Collectrors Association Archive Manager

Thanks Larry. I will do just that. It looks like I've taken on a rather
expensive proposition in the refurbishment of this old Rx given me. I hope
it is worth it!

Ed K7AAT
Old July 29th 05, 11:38 PM
Larry

Hi Ed,

Yes an actual cabinet for a 51S-1 is hard and expensive to find.
However a KWM-2 case can be modified buy opening up part of the back.
You can also find a rack mount that would also work. The other choice
is to make a rack mount by cutting out the proper size hole for the trim
ring. I bet it won't receive any better in any of the mountings.
73 Larry WA9VRH

Old July 30th 05, 01:06 AM
Ed

Hi Ed,

Yes an actual cabinet for a 51S-1 is hard and expensive to find.
However a KWM-2 case can be modified buy opening up part of the back.
You can also find a rack mount that would also work. The other choice
is to make a rack mount by cutting out the proper size hole for the
trim ring. I bet it won't receive any better in any of the mountings.
73 Larry WA9VRH

Thanks Larry. Went on EBay, found a KWM-2 cabinet for sale, bid, and
won it. Should be arriving next week. Apparently I was quite fortunate to
find that listing. There don't seem to be many offered, lately.

Ed K7AAT

Old August 3rd 05, 06:43 PM
SHb

FYI

Collins ~S Line~ and more haam fs at
http://electronicparts.homestead.com/

. 92.175...

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
FS: Collins Radio KWM-2 Parts and More Gordon Dx 0 May 11th 04 12:07 PM
FS: Collins Radio- KWM-2 Parts and more Gordon Dx 0 May 11th 04 12:07 PM
FS: Collins KWM-2 Parts and MOre Gordon Equipment 0 May 9th 04 09:25 PM
FS: NIB Collins Radio Parts LDaniel102 Boatanchors 0 August 23rd 03 05:24 PM