Old October 5th 05, 04:42 PM
larry

Default replacing internal lithium battery in htx-202

Greetings

Recently I aquired a used htx-202.. when turning it on, I got an error
message...the previous user told me that that indicated that the internal
battery needed replacing...

This morning I proceeded to open up the radio to get at the internal
battery...

Not having any step by step instructions, on how to do it, I tried some 'by
guess and by golly'. I removed the 5 scews at the back and nothing seemed
to give... I then removed the 4 screws that hold the bottom (-) plate onto
the main case... Nothing gave...

I then found two more screws on the side near the 'F' key and nothing
gave...

I couldn't find anything else to unscrew so I gave the back and front halves
a little more pull apart effort and the two halves finally came appart....

I then gently separated it, like a book, and openned up the two chassis.....

Inside the speaker half, I found the lithium battery...

It appears to be soldered in place.. the left wire goes behind a piece of
metal while the right wire appears to be soldered to something...

Does anyone know how I can safely remove the battery... I tried to measure
it's voltage but the battery appears to be covered in some kind of
plastic... anyway I get a zero voltage...

And does anyone know the part number, of the battery, so I can get another
one..

Also, is there another source, other than radio shack, in case they no
longer sell those batteries.....

Larry ve3fxq

Old October 5th 05, 11:03 PM
Brenda Ann

http://www.qsl.net/wb3gck/htx-202_err1.htm

Old October 7th 05, 06:33 PM
Fred McKenzie

In article , "larry"
wrote:

Greetings

Recently I aquired a used htx-202.. when turning it on, I got an error
message...the previous user told me that that indicated that the internal
battery needed replacing...

Larry-

It only took a few minutes at Radioshack.com to find a user manual and a
parts list. Parts list is at
http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc30/30374.htm

73, Fred, K4DII