Old October 20th 05, 03:33 AM

Default disassemble Syntor x9000 radio connector?

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know how to disassemble or cut apart the molded connector
which attaches to the radio? I need to jump some wires for a RIB.

Thanks so much,
Nick

Old October 20th 05, 04:19 AM
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

In article . com,
says...

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know how to disassemble or cut apart the molded connector
which attaches to the radio? I need to jump some wires for a RIB.

????

Are you trying to program the radio? If so, there are better ways
than slaughtering the personality board to do it.

If you need a programming cable, I may be able to help. I
periodically get the raw materials to make such, then I do so and put
them up for sale on greed-bay. I usually price them around $40 or so.

Alternatively, if you need programming and bench-test services I
can help with that as well.

http://www.bluefeathertech.com/rf.html

Keep in mind that if you're trying to squeeze ham frequencies in
there, programming is only half the battle. Unless you want your
receiver to be "deef as a post," you need to retune the preselector
using a spectrum analyzer and tracking generator. It's a time-consuming
process (usually takes about 45 minutes or so to set up and get it
right), and not one that one should attempt without the proper test
gear.

Happy tweaking.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"
Old October 20th 05, 04:02 PM

Thanks Anton. Yes, I understand the programming and tuning process.
I'm trying to 'disassemble' the plastic molded connector at the end of
the radio wiring harness. This connector attaches to the radio itself.

The goal is to solder an ethernet pigtail to programming signals. With
this done, I should be able to connect to the radio with a standard
ethernet connector. The ethernet cable will connect to the RIB box
with an RS-232 on the other end. I could alternatively purchase a "T"
connector, but I heard these are expensive.

If someone has sucessfully taken apart the molded connector and
re-assembled, I would like to hear the results.

Thanks,
Nick