Old December 18th 05, 11:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bewlay51

Default Yaesu Vx-7R firmware problem???

Hi,

As anybody else seen these problems with the Vx-7R handheld

I have entered a number of frequencies I wish to scan. I have setup PMS to scan these frequencies. The problem is, each time the rig completes a scan and returns back to the start it emits a beep. I can't seem to turn the beep off and enter "a silent scan mode". It's only scanning about 10 frequencies so beeps every few seconds. I have tried all the setting to enable/disable scans beeps, none work.

The other problem is entering "Special Memory" mode. With I press [F] then SPCL key 9, then rotate the dial to select "2 MR Group" then press PTT to confirm, I get an error beep. I cant select OTM or HYP mode as well. I have found I need to select Broadcast or Marine before it works. If I then re-enter "Special Memory" mode and then select "2 MR Group" or any other mode it then works. Very odd!!.

Thanks

John G4KUC