Old March 21st 06, 10:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ken Knapp

Default VX-7R

Don't you have to mask the memories rather than erase? That's how it is on
my vx5 and vx6.

Ken

"Roger" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 04:51:11 GMT, BMJ
wrote:

In article ,
Roger wrote:

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:41:54 -0700, DESYNC DOMiNATiON
wrote:

I am thinking about buying a VX-7R it seemes its a good radio. Anyone
have any pros or cons on this..

I like mine. It's relatively easy to program, works well, has been
rained on many times, and appears to be fairly rugged.

I'm thinking about getting a second one.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I've got one, too, and it's terrific. The only thing I haven't figured
out is how to delete the contents of individual memories. I can do it
on my Yaesu base station, and it would be nice if I could do it for my
HT. Do you have any suggestions, others than completely resetting the
radio?

I haven't tried that yet. I usually have something to write over it,
but I did run into some thing strange. Some how I managed to get the
"beep" turned on so every time I'd key it it'd send out a beep. No
matter what I tried I couldn't ge tit to quite. I need to download
the comander software.

Old March 21st 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
BMJ

In article ,
Roger wrote:

snip

I've got one, too, and it's terrific. The only thing I haven't figured
out is how to delete the contents of individual memories. I can do it
on my Yaesu base station, and it would be nice if I could do it for my
HT. Do you have any suggestions, others than completely resetting the
radio?

I haven't tried that yet. I usually have something to write over it,
but I did run into some thing strange. Some how I managed to get the
"beep" turned on so every time I'd key it it'd send out a beep. No
matter what I tried I couldn't ge tit to quite. I need to download
the comander software.

Did you try "Basic Setup:9"? That sets the key beep.

snip
Old March 21st 06, 04:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
BMJ

In article ,
"Ken Knapp" wrote:

Don't you have to mask the memories rather than erase? That's how it is on
my vx5 and vx6.

I haven't tried that on my VX-7R, but I think that all the radio does is
skip over them when one, for example, scans through the memories.

By comparison, my FT-2800M base unit allows me to clear a specific
memory and then reprogram it later, if I wish. I've done that several
times when I programmed it for some of the repeaters in my local area.

snip

Old March 23rd 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Roger

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 07:26:42 -0800, "Caveat Lector"
wrote:

Larry:
195 user opinions on the VX-7R at e-ham reviews -- URL:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2350

Best and easiest to program modern HT I've owned.
(if you read the manual)