Old March 15th 06, 05:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
DESYNC DOMiNATiON

Default VX-7R

I am thinking about buying a VX-7R it seemes its a good radio. Anyone
have any pros or cons on this..

Old March 16th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Roger

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:41:54 -0700, DESYNC DOMiNATiON
wrote:

I am thinking about buying a VX-7R it seemes its a good radio. Anyone
have any pros or cons on this..

I like mine. It's relatively easy to program, works well, has been
rained on many times, and appears to be fairly rugged.

I'm thinking about getting a second one.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old March 16th 06, 04:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
BMJ

wrote:

I am thinking about buying a VX-7R it seemes its a good radio. Anyone
have any pros or cons on this..

I like mine. It's relatively easy to program, works well, has been
rained on many times, and appears to be fairly rugged.

I'm thinking about getting a second one.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I've got one, too, and it's terrific. The only thing I haven't figured
out is how to delete the contents of individual memories. I can do it
on my Yaesu base station, and it would be nice if I could do it for my
HT. Do you have any suggestions, others than completely resetting the
radio?
Old March 16th 06, 05:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Robert Kubichek

BMJ wrote:

wrote:

I am thinking about buying a VX-7R it seemes its a good radio. Anyone
have any pros or cons on this..

I like mine. It's relatively easy to program, works well, has been
rained on many times, and appears to be fairly rugged.

I'm thinking about getting a second one.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I've got one, too, and it's terrific. The only thing I haven't figured
out is how to delete the contents of individual memories. I can do it
on my Yaesu base station, and it would be nice if I could do it for my
HT. Do you have any suggestions, others than completely resetting the
radio?

You can do it using the VX7 Commander software. I have done it many times.
I have not found a way to do it from the keypad though, it would be nice...

Bob N9LVU
Old March 16th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
BMJ

In article ,
Robert Kubichek wrote:

snip

I've got one, too, and it's terrific. The only thing I haven't figured
out is how to delete the contents of individual memories. I can do it
on my Yaesu base station, and it would be nice if I could do it for my
HT. Do you have any suggestions, others than completely resetting the
radio?

You can do it using the VX7 Commander software. I have done it many times.
I have not found a way to do it from the keypad though, it would be nice...

Thanks. I figured it might be something like that. I figure that if I
ever travel to an area where there are repeaters, I could program the
frequencies and settings for them ahead of time and then delete the
contents of those memories afterwards.

snip

Old March 16th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
DESYNC DOMiNATiON

Gentleman thank you for all the great comments. I guess i am out to
buy a new handheld. Hope the girlfriend wont kno wwhy she did not get
roses this month.. or should i buy her two dozen..

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:03:55 GMT, BMJ
wrote:

snip

Old March 18th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Travis Jordan

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2350

Old March 19th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Larry Weil

In article ,
"Travis Jordan" wrote:

DESYNC DOMiNATiON wrote:
I am thinking about buying a VX-7R it seemes its a good radio. Anyone
have any pros or cons on this..

I had one, and sold it because the display did not have enough contrast
to see in a car on a sunny day. Itıs basically a solid radio, but only
if you intend to use it as a base station.

73 de KC1IH

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH
Old March 19th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Caveat Lector

Larry:
195 user opinions on the VX-7R at e-ham reviews -- URL:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2350
--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Old March 21st 06, 10:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Roger

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 04:51:11 GMT, BMJ
wrote:

wrote:

I am thinking about buying a VX-7R it seemes its a good radio. Anyone
have any pros or cons on this..

I like mine. It's relatively easy to program, works well, has been
rained on many times, and appears to be fairly rugged.

I'm thinking about getting a second one.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I've got one, too, and it's terrific. The only thing I haven't figured
out is how to delete the contents of individual memories. I can do it
on my Yaesu base station, and it would be nice if I could do it for my
HT. Do you have any suggestions, others than completely resetting the
radio?

I haven't tried that yet. I usually have something to write over it,
but I did run into some thing strange. Some how I managed to get the
"beep" turned on so every time I'd key it it'd send out a beep. No
matter what I tried I couldn't ge tit to quite. I need to download
the comander software.