Old March 24th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

Default WANTED: Museum seeks B-17G Flying Fortress radio/radar equipment

Old March 25th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Noon-Air

"Bill Turner" wrote in message
Then don't complain about what other people are doing!

And the Head Up the Ass award goes to.... Spokesman, who complains
about what other people are doing by telling them not to complain about
what other people are doing.

I'm sure the award went right over his head. Someone explain it to him,
please.

Who cares..... If I ever get to a point where I am senile enough to get into
a ****ing contest because somebody said not to get ugly, then just shoot me.

-n6ojn

Old March 25th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Spokesman

Old March 26th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment

In rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors Bill Turner wrote:

snip

As long as folks like you own these priceless relics, someday the last
one will be reduced to scrap. What a shame.

Bill T.

No one is keeping YOU from gathering money for acquisition, restoration,
and floor space for a static display.

Or is it just easier for you to **** and moan about the people that are
actually doing something without any personal involvement on your part
other than your ****ing and moaning?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old March 26th 06, 05:58 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Robert Bonomi

Old March 26th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Old March 26th 06, 07:35 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Woody

Absolutely, I get it.

Not.

You and the two or three posters who agree with you are self-centered
pigs who care nothing about preserving history.

I take it you don't speak face-to-face with others very often?
Your low-brow approach to debate is, if nothing else, good for a chuckle.

Looks like you just enjoy arguing without reason; because you're completely
unarmed,
and going in pointless circles with your posts. Try to make a valid point,
please.

Your temporary
adrenaline rush is much more important, and the risk of splattering a
priceless aircraft means nothing beside your momentary thrills. How sad
that people like you are allowed to own such an aircraft.

LOL... four words: lost ball, high weeds.
What does your above statement even mean???

FYI: Don't EVER research the film industry for any reason.

A hundred or five hundred years from now, if your ilk prevails, people
will be saying "Gosh, I wish someone had kept a B-17G preserved
somewhere. I would have really loved to see the real thing".

Wow...? Not sure what to say to that after reading your cumulative posts.
First, please refer to the "lost ball" statement above, then
try to do some research on vintage aircraft clubs, museums, owners and
current displays.

I hope and pray there are not many like you.

Plane-loads! And no thanks to you, we sit about debating whether or not a
Neanderthal with a superiority complex is a paradox.

Mister, it's painfully obvious that your intent is not to prove a point, nor
offer a reasonable debate; but to simply try and talk others down.
You must have a very hollow existence.

I hope and pray you can find a better way to spend your time.

rb

Old March 26th 06, 07:47 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Woody

Airplanes crash, especially ones flown and maintained by well-meaning
but inexperienced pilots and mechanics who are usually short of cash,
spare parts and time, and who, sooner or later, will feel the pressure
to fly it when they really shouldn't in order to keep an airshow
schedule.

Park it.

Bill, have you considered a career in politics?

Exactly where would you suggest we park general aviation?
rb

Old March 28th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

Old March 28th 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Bill Turner

Woody wrote:

Bill, have you considered a career in politics?

Yes, but I'm not crooked enough to get elected.

Exactly where would you suggest we park general aviation?

General aviation doesn't need parking as far as I can tell.

The B-17G should be parked in the desert, in a hangar, where there is
low humidity and no violent weather. It would last practically forever,
and at five or ten bucks a ticket, would be a source of income also
practically forever. And guess what... no maintenance cost either,
except maybe for a feather duster now and then. :-)

Bill T.

HAM EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 1 December 20th 03 09:45 PM
AMATEUR RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 0 December 11th 03 09:50 PM
AMATEUR RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Antenna 2 December 6th 03 08:07 AM
AMATEUR RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 0 December 5th 03 06:39 PM
RADIO EQUIPMENT WANTED N2ION Boatanchors 0 December 1st 03 06:22 PM