Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11   Report Post  
Old September 5th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,124
Default SSB is no good for Omega One music because of phase distortion

"N9OGL" wrote in
oups.com:


Slow Code wrote:
Lloyd Daugherty wrote in
:

So that's why Omega One Radio sounds so ****ty. It is simply true
that single sided AM signals don't preserve phase when they are
detected, and that leads to distortion. You have to use a phase
locked loop to do that, provided that the station transmits a small
residual carrier or a vestigal sideband for the loop to lock onto.

Otherwise the audio sounds like crap, just like it does on Omega One
Radio.

The deal is that Omega One didn't listen to Woger when they asked for
his expert opinion. Now they are paying the price and are losing
audiophile listeners right and left. Not even Mark Morgan listens
any longer.



Not only that, but the song selection is ****ty which makes Omega One
doubly stinky. ELO, Culture Club, J Giles Band, Disco, The carpenters,
Asia, and then on top of that ****, a bunch of really really ****ty old
Lawrence Welk like **** that he probably has to play just to keep his
mom & dad from pulling the plug on his kilowatt.

Sc


I don't have Lawrence welk, I think your refereing to the classical
music that's being played.



It sounds like you robbed some rock stations or music stores in the
seventies & eighties and stole records of all the ****ty groups.

SC

  #12   Report Post  
Old September 5th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 961
Default slow code:kook on parade


Slow Code wrote:
"N9OGL" wrote in
oups.com:

slow code:kook on parade

  #13   Report Post  
Old September 5th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 961
Default woger: kook on parade


wrote:
an old fraud wrote:
N9OGL wrote:


poor ignorant slobs


I don't see you listening to Mozart, Marqueer. You aren't the
intellecutal type.

you don't see me at all (thank god)

but I prefer Brahms to mozarts generaly\

woger: kook on parade

  #14   Report Post  
Old September 5th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 493
Default SSB is no good for Omega One music because of phase distortion


Slow Code wrote:
"N9OGL" wrote in
oups.com:


Slow Code wrote:
Lloyd Daugherty wrote in
:

So that's why Omega One Radio sounds so ****ty. It is simply true
that single sided AM signals don't preserve phase when they are
detected, and that leads to distortion. You have to use a phase
locked loop to do that, provided that the station transmits a small
residual carrier or a vestigal sideband for the loop to lock onto.

Otherwise the audio sounds like crap, just like it does on Omega One
Radio.

The deal is that Omega One didn't listen to Woger when they asked for
his expert opinion. Now they are paying the price and are losing
audiophile listeners right and left. Not even Mark Morgan listens
any longer.


Not only that, but the song selection is ****ty which makes Omega One
doubly stinky. ELO, Culture Club, J Giles Band, Disco, The carpenters,
Asia, and then on top of that ****, a bunch of really really ****ty old
Lawrence Welk like **** that he probably has to play just to keep his
mom & dad from pulling the plug on his kilowatt.

Sc


I don't have Lawrence welk, I think your refereing to the classical
music that's being played.



It sounds like you robbed some rock stations or music stores in the
seventies & eighties and stole records of all the ****ty groups.

SC


If you don't like what you hear change the frequency, no ones forcing
you to listen

Todd N9OGL
OMEGA ONE RADIO
13.556.00 MHz.

  #15   Report Post  
Old September 5th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 493
Default Markie: kook on parade


an old fraud wrote:
wrote:
an old fraud wrote:
N9OGL wrote:


poor ignorant slobs


I don't see you listening to Mozart, Marqueer. You aren't the
intellecutal type.

you don't see me at all (thank god)


No, because you are a fat chicken****.

but I prefer Brahms to mozarts generaly\


The only thing you prefer to other guy's dicks is Brahma bulls. Now go
clean up that filthy yard.



  #16   Report Post  
Old September 5th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 493
Default SSB is no good for Omega One music because of phase distortion


N9OGL wrote:

If you don't like what you hear change the frequency, no ones forcing
you to listen


We won't have to when the FCC fines your ass and shuts you down, you
little four eyed asshole.

  #17   Report Post  
Old September 5th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,608
Default woger: kook on parade


wrote:
an old fraud wrote:

woger: kook on parade

  #18   Report Post  
Old September 5th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,alt.politics.bush,alt.law.enforcement.wurk
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 493
Default Mark C. Morgan KB9RQZ has raped children

an old friendless child molester wrote:
wrote:
an old fraud wrote:

wo


Markie, how many kids did you molest today?

  #19   Report Post  
Old September 5th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 595
Default woger: lying kook on parade


wrote:

Markie, how many kids did you molest today?

woger: lying kook on parade

  #20   Report Post  
Old September 6th 06, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,124
Default SSB is no good for Omega One music because of phase distortion

"N9OGL" wrote in
ups.com:


Slow Code wrote:
"N9OGL" wrote in
oups.com:


Slow Code wrote:
Lloyd Daugherty wrote in
:

So that's why Omega One Radio sounds so ****ty. It is simply true
that single sided AM signals don't preserve phase when they are
detected, and that leads to distortion. You have to use a phase
locked loop to do that, provided that the station transmits a
small residual carrier or a vestigal sideband for the loop to lock
onto.

Otherwise the audio sounds like crap, just like it does on Omega
One Radio.

The deal is that Omega One didn't listen to Woger when they asked
for his expert opinion. Now they are paying the price and are
losing audiophile listeners right and left. Not even Mark Morgan
listens any longer.


Not only that, but the song selection is ****ty which makes Omega
One doubly stinky. ELO, Culture Club, J Giles Band, Disco, The
carpenters, Asia, and then on top of that ****, a bunch of really
really ****ty old Lawrence Welk like **** that he probably has to
play just to keep his mom & dad from pulling the plug on his
kilowatt.

Sc

I don't have Lawrence welk, I think your refereing to the classical
music that's being played.



It sounds like you robbed some rock stations or music stores in the
seventies & eighties and stole records of all the ****ty groups.

SC


If you don't like what you hear change the frequency, no ones forcing
you to listen

Todd N9OGL
OMEGA ONE RADIO
13.556.00 MHz.




I have to listen, so that when the NAL is delivered and Omega One goes off
the air, I can come back here and tell everyone the good news.


SC


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OCSP DXpedition Loggings - Jan. 7 - 9 Guy Atkins Shortwave 2 January 18th 06 07:56 AM
Phase frequency Detector Deepthi Homebrew 48 June 3rd 04 12:01 AM
Phase differences in direct conversion receivers Joel Kolstad Homebrew 40 November 6th 03 03:49 AM
Rare Books on Electronics and Radio and Commmunications Hania Lux Equipment 0 October 22nd 03 07:48 PM
Rare Books on Electronics and Radio and Commmunications Hania Lux Equipment 0 October 22nd 03 07:48 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 RadioBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Radio"

 

Copyright © 2017