Old October 20th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Repeater ID speeds.

The CW speed for repeater ID's should be lowered so new
hams can feel pride in knowing what repeaters they're
kerchunking. The ARRL recommends 5 WPM for repeater ID's
but the FCC disagrees and suggests the speed should be
lower because some individuals may have tested with W5YI and
might only know CW to 2 WPM. Repeaters with voice ID's
must be programed to talk slower to accomodate hams like
Markie who are still learning the alphabet. Elmers who want
to help new hams with their CW repeater ID skills, should
focus on the letters found in phrases like "Welfare check" or
"Food Stamps" as restructured hams are more familier
with these terms. When a restructured ham can correctly
identify the words "government-handout" or "breaker one nine",
they're ready to ID repeaters on their own.

We should welcome new hams all that we can by slowing down
repeater ID's.

SC
Old October 20th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default hi sc

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 23:42:54 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

The CW speed for repeater ID's should be lowered so new
hams can feel pride in knowing what repeaters they're
kerchunking.

we know by the fequency and loction and pl we are using
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Old October 20th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Repeaters with voice ID's
must be programed to talk slower to accomodate hams like

Welcome Amateurs to the KB9RQZ No Code repeater. For information on CW
practice enter *1 for the top 10 reasons we dont ID with CW. Also remember
to say 73's and use 10 codes during your QSO. Thank you

Old October 20th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 05:12:04 -0700, "10-4 Good Buddy"
wrote:

Repeaters with voice ID's
must be programed to talk slower to accomodate hams like

Welcome Amateurs to the KB9RQZ No Code repeater. For information on CW
practice enter *1 for the top 10 reasons we dont ID with CW. Also remember
to say 73's and use 10 codes during your QSO. Thank you

how can you complain I don't make any sense when you post garabge like
that

although if I ever put a repeater it is very unlikely to use a CW id

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Old October 20th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 23:42:54 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

The CW speed for repeater ID's should be lowered so new
hams can feel pride in knowing what repeaters they're
kerchunking.

we know by the fequency and loction and pl we are using
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

id crime is a tefth

http://www.marksspamblog.blogspot.com/

Old October 20th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:19:52 -0400, "Markie Morgan"
wrote:

more and more online cime you poor frightened child
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Old October 20th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:19:52 -0400, "Markie Morgan"
wrote:

I suppose you are trying in your stupid to follow my advice and get a
life but you can't stal mine
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Old October 20th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Slow Code wrote:

We should welcome new hams all that we can by slowing down
repeater ID's.

Hey, it doesn't really matter anyway.. Legal ID's can be done via a
computer voiced audio stream which doesn't require that you know code
to understand. Most of the repeaters in my area ID both ways and both
are usually just pre-recorded audio files that get played by the
repeater controller. It's the wave of the future....

But you knew that..

Old October 21st 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:45:04 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:

We should welcome new hams all that we can by slowing down
repeater ID's.

Hey, it doesn't really matter anyway.. Legal ID's can be done via a
computer voiced audio stream which doesn't require that you know code
to understand. Most of the repeaters in my area ID both ways and both
are usually just pre-recorded audio files that get played by the
repeater controller. It's the wave of the future....

But you knew that..

Yes.

I was thinking about various ways we can help new hams. This would help
them know what repeaters they're kerchunking.

why does anybody need to what repeater they are using beyond frequency
and pl tones?

SC

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/