Old December 7th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default A QRZ Trivia Question That Smegma Radio May Find Educational

"KC4UAI" wrote in
ups.com:

I for one don't want to loose my ticket. Despite what SC says, I
worked for that Extra...

-= bob =-

Post restructuring License EXAM

(Simplified test approved by all book and magazine publi$her$ and
VE whorehou$e$ who $ay “We need more ham$”)

Please PRINT (that means no squiggly lines)

YOUR NAME (what they call you) ______________________________________

ADDRESS (where you live) ___________________________________________

BIRTHDATE (when you were born) ________________________________

EXAM

Instructions: Make a circle (one of these round things O ) around the
letter of the best answer! This is so we know what your answer to the
question is!

1. You TALK into a microphone with your _______.

A. Hands
B. Feet
C. Toes
D. Mouth
E. Armpits

2. When you talk into a microphone, you talk into _______.

A. the front
B. the back
C. the top
D. the bottom
E. the wire

3. “HEADPHONES” are worn over the ___________.

A. Knees
B. Eyes
C. Toes
D. Ears
E. Lips

4. What do you do with the AC line cord coming out of a power supply?

A. Hold it in the air to pick up signals
B. Pull on it to start the motor
C. Talk into the plug to get real "skip DX"
D. Hook it to your antenna
E. Insert the plug into a source of power

5. A “two meter” radio is:

A. twice as strong as a one-meter radio
B. two one-meter radios in series
C. a CB with two meters on the front panel
D. a good doorstop
E. yo mama

6. A "ten-foot mast" is how long?

A. Ten feet
B. Ten pounds
C. Two meters
D. Tree-top tall
E. yo mama

7. A “Triband antenna” is made to work on how many bands?

A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. 4
E. 10

8. The “Marconi” antenna is named after:

A. Marconi
B. Mantovani
C. macaroni
D. Dean Martin
E. yo mama

9. What colors of DIODES can you buy at a Radio Shack store?

A. Red, blue and black
B. Red, yellow and green
C. Orange and brown
D. I am colorblind so this is a discriminatory question and I should
automatically get my license because you have been mean to me.
E. I have no intention of ever using DIODES, so I should get my
license for free.

10. What color of SLURPEE can you buy at 7-11?

A. Red, blue and black
B. Red, yellow and green
C. Orange and brown
D. I am colorblind so this is a discriminatory question and I should
automatically get my license and free slurpees forever because you
have been mean to me.

END OF EXAM.

YOUR SIGNATURE (slap yo tag here)

Scoring:

Get THREE correct and you get an EXTRA!!!!
Get TWO right and you get an ADVANCED!!!!
Get ONE right and you get a GENERAL!!!
Miss them all? Just blow the VE and get a no-code Tech Markie!!!

Old December 12th 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Slow Code wrote:
"KC4UAI" wrote in
ups.com:

I for one don't want to loose my ticket. Despite what SC says, I
worked for that Extra...

-= bob =-

Post restructuring License EXAM
Snip

If that was the test you took it explains a lot.... It sure explains
why you are so fearful of the CBers taking over. You never passed a
valid exam, so you might want to turn in that ticket and try again.
Let me know where you are and we will find you a testing session close.

We still don't have your call there SC. I'm thinking that you may not
actually have a call and are just jealous of us folks that passed the
tests.. (Grin)

-= KC4UAI =-

203 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (27-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 December 1st 04 05:09 AM
shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1415 ­ September 24, 2004 Radionews General 0 September 24th 04 05:53 PM