Old April 9th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default Systematic call sign assignment in US - A question

Greetings,

I know this info used to be and maybe still is available in print but I'm
wondering if there's a web site with the info--or barring that, if someone
( a recent Extra in Region 7, most likely) can help me.

If a person in the USA Region 7, soon upgrades to Amateur Extra and opts
for a new systematic (non-vanity) callsign, roughly what callsign can be
expected? I'm guessing it may be an AE7xx call, but maybe we're well into
the AFs, AGs, or an entirely different sequence.

I tried Googling for this info and struck out, but maybe that's just a
lack of the proper search terms on my part.

Anyone with a web site for current calls? Any new or newly upgraded Region
7 Extra willing to share their new call and approximately how long ago they
received it? Thanks.

--
---

Craig, KC8BGV

Old April 9th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

" anon@anon wrote in message

"Craig" wrote in message
[...]

According to this site (http://www.hamdata.com/fccinfo.html) the latest
systematic Extra call issued for region 7 is AD7MU. Per the ULS site, it
was issued on April 6, 2007.

Many people are choosing to keep their existing call when they upgrade
rather than get a new one.

Dee, N8UZE

According to WorldRadio, as of Feb. 4, 2007 the Extra callsign assignment
was AD7KQ. I don't know if they have this information on their web site,
but
you can check them at www.wr6wr.com

Same call sign in different areas? Tester Shortwave 24 October 17th 06 06:18 AM
Same call sign in different areas? [email protected] Shortwave 16 October 15th 06 04:07 PM
Need help with Call sign [email protected] Shortwave 0 June 3rd 05 06:20 PM
Call sign use? Steveo CB 10 March 7th 05 01:19 PM
Good call sign Jim General 3 January 9th 05 01:27 AM