Old June 14th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default Looking for Ham License archive

I was a ham operator in the early 1960s and my call sign was KN1VTR.
I have lost all proof of that over the years and was wondering if
anyone knows of an "archive" where i might be able to find "proof". I
think if I can find it, I might be able to Grandfather 5 WPM CW.

Thanks

Old June 14th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:17:34 -0700, "
wrote:

I was a ham operator in the early 1960s and my call sign was KN1VTR.
I have lost all proof of that over the years and was wondering if
anyone knows of an "archive" where i might be able to find "proof". I
think if I can find it, I might be able to Grandfather 5 WPM CW.

Thanks

well in the USA you don't need anything to grandfather to 5 wpm there
are those that maitian archve but i don't recall the link

"one useless man is disgrace 2 become a law firm 3 or more become a congress"
adams

woger you are a Congress all in your own head

http://kb9rqz.bravejournal.com/

Old June 15th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

wrote in message
ps.com...
I was a ham operator in the early 1960s and my call sign was KN1VTR.
I have lost all proof of that over the years and was wondering if
anyone knows of an "archive" where i might be able to find "proof". I
think if I can find it, I might be able to Grandfather 5 WPM CW.

Thanks

As of February 23, 2007 the morse code requirement has been completely
dropped for all license classes.

If you need or want to find proof of your old license anyway, there are a
couple of options. One way is to contact the Quarter Century Wireless
Association (QCWA). They have a website. Another way is to write the FCC
and have them do an archive search. There is a fee for this however.

Dee, N8UZE

Ham license Archive [email protected] Antenna 13 August 16th 07 11:13 PM
GEO SPEAK ARCHIVE Steveo CB 0 December 17th 04 02:36 AM
GEO SPEAK ARCHIVE Steveo CB 0 December 14th 04 05:23 AM
The Italian HF Archive Andrea Shortwave 0 December 22nd 03 01:19 PM
Looking for H-P archive Bob G. Mahrenholz Boatanchors 2 December 5th 03 11:19 PM