Old April 29th 11, 12:21 AM
Junior Member

Location: New Jersey
Default Interited antenna stuff

I have recently inherited some radio/antenna "stuff". This was not the typical "inheritance" where someone died, but I got it after we put my 91 year old grandfather in a new apartment. He was a radioman in WWII on some little island off of the east coast of the African continent. He is still into radio's, and actually holds eight patents for antenna (most of the hummers & tanks have the antenna he designed).

Anyway, enough about this. I have these things to show you all, and ask your input as to what they are, how old they may be, and if they are something people would want.

First, here is a link to my photobucket account with the pictures:
http://s868.photobucket.com/albums/ab241/mb104/antenne/

I notice that the connectors appear to be real silver. Many are in packages, still in "new" condition. The photo is of one box, but there are four boxes of them. Probably two hundred or more of them.

The big antenna is a Phelps Dodge model PD-230, and is at least 22 feet long when put together.

The green radio appears to be from a tank or similar military vehicle, probably from the 50's. There is NO sticker or tag with radio info on it.

The low pass filters are still boxed, and wrapped. They are probably from the 50's.

The black box in the plastic may be an antenna tuner, also new and still wrapped. I don't know the decade this is from or what it is worth.

There are also two Pro-am HF mobile antenna's. One is 20 meters and the other is 40 meters, whatever that means. They are still in sealed packages.

I am limited to four pictures, so I had to pick and choose carefully. Please check out the link above to my photobucket account for all the pictures.

OLD STUFF Sonny Hood Boatanchors 0 February 22nd 07 01:15 PM
FS: Various stuff.... Straydog Homebrew 2 June 24th 06 03:06 AM
FA: MUCH STUFF, LAFAYETTE mike, 6146's, Antenna Spec ANTS, ETC! Rich WA2RQY CB 0 January 8th 05 05:08 PM
FA: RME VHF 152 + OTHER STUFF Heytubeguy Boatanchors 0 December 29th 04 04:05 PM
Mo' Tan Fer stuff! Jerry CB 1 December 2nd 04 02:41 AM