Old June 23rd 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Straydog

Default FS: Various stuff....

Pure sale, no bidding wars.

Summer cleaning out the shack: several items
(terms at end)

1. (dead on transmit) RF Concepts, RFC 2-317 (2 meter brick amplifier), 30
watts drive, 170 watts output. The transmit side of the amp is dead
(looked like power transistors gave out over a few minutes of transmit way
back and I never tried to locate someone to fix it; the receive GasFET
preamp still works). The manual goes with the brick amp. The schematic
says the power transistors (assuming that is the problem) are SRF3897 and
there are two of them. Schematic looks like two in parallel (many other
transistors, too). RF Concepts went out of business some years ago but
maybe one of you guys who knows this stuff would like to have a crack at
this repair job. $10 for this unit.

2. Two Hamtronics receiving converters, CA-28 and CA-144. One takes input
at 144 - 148 and converts down to 28-32 mHz (and I put a 9 volt battery
case inside, and small toggle switch), the other one takes 28-30 mHz and
upconverts to 144-148 mHz (I was meaning to listen to 10 meters FM
repeaters with my 2 m HT but never tried it). These units do not have as
low of a noise figure as the best scanners and newer ham transceivers.
Both units to the same address, $35 for both. Otherwise $20 each. With
manuals and documentation.

3. Yaesu YS-500 in line wattmeter and SWR bridge for 140-525 mHz. Looks
fine, works fine. Max power: 200 w. With one sheet "manual" $30.

4. 440 FM Yagi, 10 elements. I think it might be a Hygain but can't
remember for sure. No manual or documentation. It was never outside of an
attic. At old OTH it was aimed at one 440 repeater (at present QTH, I have
way too many trees and barely can get into one 440 repeater that almost no
one uses, so it goes 'on the block'). $25.

---non ham electronics------

5. OPTIMUS (Radio shack) AM/FM STA-795 solid state receiver, with manual
and documentation. Works fine. $20.00

6. Night vision device: NV-100/NV-100-1 by Moonlight Products, bought
through Edmund Scientifi when it was in business. I need to test it at
night before releasing it. I think its a first generation device. Has a
large telephoto lens with low f/stop, includes manual and documentation.
Runs on two AA batteries, and has its own IR diode light souce if one
wants to try that. Has not been used for maybe 7-8 years, but worked fine
at the time, and was always stored in a stable non-moist room at RT. Was
not used much when it was used (maybe 1-2 hours, total). I seem to recall
reading that these units undergo some deterioration in performance with
time, but I don't know if that is independent of whether the units are
used or not used. $40

7. Panasonic AG-1830, Video Cassette Recorder, Pro-Line, commercial grade.
With manual. Used a lot back 10 years ago, not much since then. It has an
on-board frame-grabber, but I have lost the remote control which is how
the frame-grabber was activated. Complex controls and relatively thick
manual. 17 lbs. Some dust here and there. I have not extensively tested
all functionalities, but besides the missing remote control, it was
recording and playing back last time I used it. But if you want to receive
TV signals and record them, you may need a preamp because the input is
normally not very sensitive. I was in a fringe area and got noisy images
unless I used a TV receiver preamp. New price over $1000. My price $55

8. Hitachi VHS video camera (portable), VM-2500A, with dead lead-acid
gel-cell battery (will not hold charge, won't accept charge). Camera
(color) still works fine and records audio, too. It runs fine with an
external DC power supply of about 9.6 volts 2.3 amps. This is an old
style, over the shoulder unit. With manual and documentation, and some
cables (can take output from camera, in playback mode, and feed into
a video imput device). I think its never had more than about 20-25 hours
of running time. My price $30.

------
Terms:

If you are interested, send email. I prefer to sell in the continental
USA. I prefer to ship USPS, but UPS may be less risky in terms of damage.
I prefer USPS money order for sum. Sum needs to include shipping
charges which I will estimate, and I'll refund any excess if there is
excess. If you want insurance, I'll include that in price. No charge for
packaging, handling, which will depend on what item we're talking about
and I'll do my best to locate packing materials, especially on biger &
heavier items. If we go with USPS, I will spring for delivery confirmation
and email you the DC number. You'll need to send the money order first.

I am located in southern Delaware. Please wait a few days before expecting
a response. In the event more than one person wants the same item, I will
work with the first one and tell the others that they are "backup" buyers
in case the first one backs out or something. You need to specify how fast
you want the shipping to be; UPS and USPS have several grades of service
speed (faster is more expensive). If you have a counter-proposal, I'll
consider it. Please give you "ship to" address in your first email to me.
On the non-ham gear, I will probably "check" the unit to make sure it is
at least minimally functional before shipping.

Art, W4PON
Old June 24th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Straydog

(see original post farther down)

Update (as of 7:40 pm): I have a pending deal for the night vision scope
and the RFC brick amplifier. If the deal with those interested parties
falls through, I will make an re-announcement.

I forgot one more item: a single pan, digital balance (transistorized),
Its an "Ohaus" model C305, and reads in grams or ounces. It has a
calibration weight (300 g), a wall plug transformer supply, and can run
off an internal 9 volt standard transistor battery. And, yes, the manual
comes with it. It also has a button for "tare" weight (eg. put an empty
container on, press "tare" and it re-zeros the digital readout. The pan
comes off the unit for shipping, and just drops on. I was using it to
weigh letters and small packages. Now I have some new scales for
that. My price: $20.

Art, W4PON

===== no change to below, included for reference and context =====

Old June 24th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Straydog

Default Update on this-- FS: Various stuff....

(~10 pm, local time)

The 440 beam is sold.

[...]

where does Radio-Mart get all his stuff from ? mike maghakian Shortwave 4 March 15th 05 06:44 PM
FREE STUFF in NJ PooPooPanz Swap 2 December 10th 04 01:26 AM
Some stuff up for sale or trade: Scan Da Bands CB 0 September 20th 04 03:38 PM
stuff for all hams [email protected] General 0 December 19th 03 07:31 PM
FS: Antennas, Towers, Radios Bunch of stuff! John Goller, k9uwa Swap 1 July 24th 03 05:27 PM