Old April 21st 12, 08:39 PM
Senior Member

Default Boycot the PA QSO Party!

I'm starting this post in response to what I recently learned about one of the people who puts on the PA QSO Party - the Nittany Amateur Radio Club in State College PA and Woody - one of their officers / board members. And the people he was conversing with in the State College area this morning on their club repeater...

It has come to my attention that this morning. April 21, 2012 - Woody ( K3YV ) was asked if he would pass some traffic for the PA 80 meters phone and traffic net for his area, due to the fact that Center County is not represented in the 80 meter phone and traffic net...
No one will participate.....
Woody refused on the grounds that he said that the traffic to be passed was nothing more then JUNK MAIL. ( this is coming out of the mouth of a experienced ham, who has held a license for many years and has a Amateur Extra Class license, not just some lid with a Technician license )..

The founders of the ARRL - which by the way if you do not understand what ARRL stands for is - The American Radio RELAY League. Started the ARRL for the purpose of message handling - which later grew into the organization we know today...

http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/courses/CStu...ing-Part-1.pdf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...o_Relay_League

The main purpose of amateur radio, is not talking to your buddies on the two meters like a bunch of cb'rs. But to promote amateur radio as a whole.

It is nice to have a club and to do club things and to promote amateur radio in that way, but it is just too bad when some people only chooses to promote themselves and their clubs, and not the true spirit of amateur radio.

It left a foul taste in my mouth to actually hear what Woody was saying...
So in response to this - I am asking all amateurs to abstain from participating in the PA QSO party or any activity sponsored by the Nittany Amateur Radio Club.

http://www.nittany-arc.net/

Last edited by Channel Jumper : April 21st 12 at 08:50 PM

Liberal Fascist "JackAss" Party Can't Ignore the Tea Party Debt Commission N∅ M∅ ∅baMa∅ Shortwave 28 November 22nd 11 01:01 AM
Tea Party Burr[_2_] Shortwave 0 June 5th 11 06:00 AM
MD QSO Party Scott Unit 69 Equipment 4 August 8th 03 04:23 PM
MD QSO Party Scott Unit 69 Policy 0 August 8th 03 07:33 AM