Old August 11th 03, 07:23 PM
AB7RU

Default Will my HT make it through airport security?

I am flying out tomorrow on a vactiontion and want to take along my
FT-50 ... I had repacked the battery case on it with new AA nimh cells
and just have it taped back together. I am wondering if security might
wonder why its taped up. Anyone have experience with trying to fly
with amateur gear thats not exactly off the shelf condition if you
know what I mean (ie homebrew gear, qrp etc)
THanks for any advice, Mike AB7RU
PS I am not checking in luggage - just carry on.