Old August 14th 03, 02:25 AM
Martin Brossman

Default Looking for other owners of RadioShack HTX-420 dual band radio

I am an excited newbee to Ham! And…

I just bought a RadioShack HTX-420 and am studying to get my Tech
license but am concerned that maybe I have a new defective unit. I am
hoping to find someone else who owns the RadioShack HTX-420 to ask a
question or two here (or respond off line).

Here is the problem, sometimes when I press SC to auto-scan stations
the decimal point blinks but it does not scan, other times it seems to
work fine. But the button always makes a beep noise like it is making
good contact.

Thanks in advance!
Martin

Old August 14th 03, 07:50 PM
Scott Unit 69

I just bought a RadioShack HTX-420 and am studying to get my Tech
license but am concerned that maybe I have a new defective unit. I am
hoping to find someone else who owns the RadioShack HTX-420 to ask a
question or two here (or respond off line).

Here is the problem, sometimes when I press SC to auto-scan stations
the decimal point blinks but it does not scan, other times it seems to
work fine. But the button always makes a beep noise like it is making
good contact.

Do you have any other memories programmed? are they skipped?
If you press MR before SCAN, you scan memories.
If MR is not showing on the screen, you scan directly.

The beep function is working. Mine's turned off. Also, you
can't change "PS" in memory mode.