Old August 15th 03, 11:17 PM
Scott Unit 69

Default (Totally Uninformed) Newbie: Cellular to RF

It already is RF.
Old August 15th 03, 11:17 PM
Scott Unit 69

It already is RF.
Old August 17th 03, 01:13 PM
Fred Garvin

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:04:19 -0400, Martial Spirit wrote:

Hello-

What does it take to, is it possible to convert cellular to RF? If it is
possible please post links, if this is a lame question, keep the flames
to a minimum, as I transition from uninformed to simple confusion.

Thank you,

Andrew

It's already RF. How do you think your signal gets to the cell tower?

Old August 18th 03, 02:35 PM
Martial Spirit

Hello-

Thank you for your reply.

It's already RF. How do you think your signal gets to the cell tower?

Magic... Again I refer you to my qualified -- (Totally Uninformed)
Newbie disclaimer.

What I would like to know is how one would go about broadcasting from
a cradled cell phone to a standard 900MHz or 2.4GHz phone? My
assumption is that there would need to be a conversion from the cell
signal to RF and then vise versa for communication. What I would like
is for my cell phone to be the central transponder for a 2-4 phone
network with 2-way communication.

---------RF----------900MHz
phone

incoming cell signal---cell phone-|--------RF----------2.4GHz
phone

---------RF----------900MHz
phone

Is there such a device already available?

Thanks,

Andrew Maddox

Old August 18th 03, 02:35 PM
Martial Spirit

Hello-

Thank you for your reply.

Old August 18th 03, 03:04 PM
WB2JKX

Martial Spirit wrote in message
m...
Hello-

Thank you for your reply.

[...]

There is, at least recently, a device that works on Nokia cell phones. It
connects the cell phone to your standard inside phone wiring. You can use
any standard phone device to make calls through the cell phone. You would
still need the base units for any cordless phones, connected to the phone
wiring.

Old August 19th 03, 02:36 AM
Martial Spirit

Hello-

What you describe sounds like what I need. I will look at Nokia and
see if they have it. Since we are getting rid of our "land line", I
wonder if the device would still work with no active non-cellular
service.

Thanks for your answers,

Andrew
Old August 19th 03, 02:36 AM
Martial Spirit

Hello-

What you describe sounds like what I need. I will look at Nokia and
see if they have it. Since we are getting rid of our "land line", I
wonder if the device would still work with no active non-cellular
service.

Thanks for your answers,

Andrew

Please help this newbie with two small GMRS/FRS radios gogonegro Equipment 0 February 22nd 04 11:01 AM
Please help this newbie with two small GMRS/FRS radios gogonegro Equipment 0 February 22nd 04 11:01 AM
Newbie abr Homebrew 20 September 29th 03 04:07 PM
Newbie abr Homebrew 0 September 28th 03 06:46 PM