Old October 12th 03, 10:33 AM
Airy R. Bean

You've repaired a watch with a verge escapement?

Yeah. Right.

Brian Reay wrote in message
Over the years many approaches have been tried - verge, deadbeat,

cylinder,
duplex, and (of course) the lever are the ones that spring to mind from my
watch repairing days.

Old October 12th 03, 10:36 AM
Airy R. Bean

Your prime motivation once again shows through. (And it's not technical)

Brian Reay wrote in message
Memory going?

Old October 12th 03, 10:36 AM
Airy R. Bean

Your prime motivation once again shows through. (And it's not technical)

Brian Reay wrote in message
Memory going?

Old October 12th 03, 10:37 AM
Airy R. Bean

So you can't justify your sneer? Once again your
prime motivation shows through.

Brian Reay wrote in message
5. DSP - You sneered (as does a turnip-brained M3/CBer) at my
tentative proposal of "Big K", but were incapable of answering
my challenge to your sneer.

"Tentative" over some extended period- try Google again.

Old October 12th 03, 10:39 AM
Airy R. Bean

No. The simple, factual correction of your misunderstanding,
deliberate or otherwise. With what appears to be a prime motivation
on your part to sneer and make personal remarks, have you
(and your family who must take after you) ever thought about
getting M3/CB licences? You'll find yourself in the company
of fellow mentalities.

Brian Reay wrote in message
Oh, the sympathy card. We all know what a sypathetic chap you are.

Old October 12th 03, 10:42 AM
Airy R. Bean

Mebbe. But don't equivocate - the issue was whether AM Xtal controlled
rigs would detect FM modulation from an on-channel transmission, and
not tuned to the side.

Brian Reay wrote in message
I remember it well- in fact I retuned several of the 'blue boxes' to

narrow
the bandwidth. I may still have the drilling pattern somewhere.
In those days slope detect was a common as cat muck on these very radios,
as quick temporary step to get on air before building a FM detector. So it
must have worked.

Old October 12th 03, 10:46 AM
Airy R. Bean

I haven't been caught out. I have no wounds to lick.

You seem unable to answer the challenges that dispute
your (rather childish) outbursts.

You seem to be more and more desperate to score points.

Just face up to the fact that you have made a complete fool
of yourself by, and lost a lot of face from, your support for
the gangrenous degeneration that is the M3/CB licence.

You seem to want to make a great deal of capital out of the
occasional errors (in YOUR opinion) that technically interested
people make; and to use that capital to justify the M3/CB licence.

If it is your assertion that the occasional error by others justifies
the M3/CB licence with no technical basis; then I disagree with you.

Brian Reay wrote in message
you do get even more ratty when caught out. Why not just crawl away
and lick your wounds.