Old October 16th 03, 08:16 PM
Tom D.

Default Where's PorkButt

Where is the guy who used to call himself PorkButt? That is one person
you would always hear day and night, 7 days a week, on 20m/75m. It
seems like even the very weird people are gone from HF nowawdays. Ham
Radio is dying!
Old October 16th 03, 11:13 PM
LRod

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:28:01 GMT, "Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this
mindspring.com wrote:

WB2OTK/W2OTK never called himself 'Porkbutt'.

Although I don't dispute the origin of the name, I did hear him in a
conversation once talking about having visited Ruth Hoffman in Florida
and that she needed some tree trimmed. He said, "Porkbutt don't climb
trees."

Those were nearly the exact words. I almost drove off the road when I
heard it. He didn't slip into the vernacular very often, but to say he
"never called himself 'Porkbutt'" is inaccurate.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Old October 16th 03, 11:28 PM
Dan/W4NTI

WB2OTK/W2OTK never called himself 'Porkbutt'. That name was stuck him by Al
Abernathy, and the BARF/Stumpjumper crown on 20 and 75.

Rich turned in his license in 99 as I recall.

Dan/W4NTI

om...

Old October 16th 03, 11:31 PM
Fudge

I believe he still lurks around this newsgroup. I put out a query a few
weeks ago and he is live and well. I believe he had a misunderstanding with
the FCC over on air procedures. I have a WAV file of the misunderstanding.
Send me an E-Mail and I will send you the file. I agree. Not much exciting
on the band except for the perpetual audio testers on 14.180 Mhz. That is a
good laugh sometimes.

John
VA3JQ

om...

Old October 17th 03, 07:43 PM
Dan/W4NTI

. ..
mindspring.com wrote:

WB2OTK/W2OTK never called himself 'Porkbutt'.

Although I don't dispute the origin of the name, I did hear him in a
conversation once talking about having visited Ruth Hoffman in Florida
and that she needed some tree trimmed. He said, "Porkbutt don't climb
trees."

Those were nearly the exact words. I almost drove off the road when I
heard it. He didn't slip into the vernacular very often, but to say he
"never called himself 'Porkbutt'" is inaccurate.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

How does it go? Never say never ???

I never heard him call himself 'porkbutt'. Is that better ?

Dan/W4NTI

PORKBUTT PORKBUTT PORKBUTT BIG AL Homebrew 20 October 4th 03 03:31 PM
PORKBUTT PORKBUTT PORKBUTT BIG AL General 20 October 4th 03 03:31 PM
PORKBUTT Frank General 2 September 29th 03 04:31 AM
PORKBUTT PORKBUTT PORKBUTT BIG AL Homebrew 0 September 24th 03 04:27 AM
PORKBUTT PORKBUTT PORKBUTT BIG AL General 0 September 24th 03 04:27 AM