Old October 21st 03, 09:35 PM
Wil Limbacher

Default Social Security number and license renewal

It's time to renew my license, and I notice that they want a Social Security
Number as part of the process, unless I state one of several reasons not to
offer one. One reason is that I'm only operating as a "petitioner" to the
FCC. Anyone know if applying for an amateur license renewal qualifies as
being a 'petitioner'? While we're on the subject, what does the FCC want
with my SSN anyway?