Old November 9th 03, 03:47 PM
Roger Baldwin

Default Mobile FT-100D Problem- F/U Solution

Oriiginal posting:

Yaesu FT 100D installed in a Jeep Grand Cherokee with roof mounted
2m/70cm antenna and a mag mount for HamStick monoband antennas. I have
HamSticks for 10m, 20m, 40m and 75m. On 10 and 20 m, everything works
well. On both 40 and 75m, the transmitter trips on high SWR even though
an antenna analyzer shows SWR of 1.3 for both antennas. Folks at HRO say
that is typical of Yaesu equipment and have no suggestions. I've emailed
Yaesu but have not gotten a response.

What worked:

Following good suggestions from group, installed ground from transceiver
chassis to vehicle body and installed permanent antenna mount with base
well grounded and with low loss coax. All works well.

Roger Baldwin
kg6ras

I have a mobile problem Jerry General 4 October 8th 03 01:45 PM
Weird Mobile Problem Dan/W4NTI General 15 August 19th 03 12:40 AM
Weird Mobile Problem Michael J. Donohue VE3YF Antenna 4 August 14th 03 02:15 AM
Mobile Icom 706MKIIg shielding problem ? Jim Dolson Equipment 6 August 4th 03 12:00 PM
Mobile Icom 706MKIIg shielding problem ? Jim Dolson Equipment 0 August 4th 03 12:25 AM