Old November 13th 03, 07:00 AM
Lex-Lutor

Default Silver coating for PCB - how ??

[ RRB Moderator's Note: I'm not sure how on-topic this is for rec.radio.
broadcasting, but I'm letting the post go through to RRB anyhow. Any
complaints from RRB or Airwaves Digest readers may be sent directly to me. ]

What is the best way to put silver coat on home made PCB-s or small Copper
pipes inside and outside ??

Thanks for help.

Old November 13th 03, 04:20 PM
Michael A. Terrell

Lex-Lutor wrote:

[ RRB Moderator's Note: I'm not sure how on-topic this is for rec.radio.
broadcasting, but I'm letting the post go through to RRB anyhow. Any
complaints from RRB or Airwaves Digest readers may be sent directly to me. ]

What is the best way to put silver coat on home made PCB-s or small Copper
pipes inside and outside ??

Thanks for help.

Are you sure you want a silver plating? Tin is the common plating,
and it does have a silver color. Silver will oxidize quicker, and will
dissolve into the solder, and can cause electromigration problems, and
weak joints.
--

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old November 15th 03, 07:50 PM
rob34

Lex-Lutor wrote:
[ RRB Moderator's Note: I'm not sure how on-topic this is for rec.radio.
broadcasting, but I'm letting the post go through to RRB anyhow. Any
complaints from RRB or Airwaves Digest readers may be sent directly to me. ]

What is the best way to put silver coat on home made PCB-s or small Copper
pipes inside and outside ??

Thanks for help.

You can buy a chemical compound from www.partsexpress.com that you just
mix up and put your board into for tin plating. You don`t want silver
plating as the other fellow told you as it would tarnish. Rob

Old November 16th 03, 11:04 PM
Larry King

What is the best way to put silver coat on home made PCB-s or small Copper
pipes inside and outside ??

May want to check with the folks on rec.radio.amateur.homebrew