Old December 6th 03, 05:44 PM
Night Ranger

Default Wonder why the FCC is giving away the airways? Here is why.

Wonder why the FCC is giving away the airways? Here is why. The FCC
has been bought and paid for by Viacom, Disney, Sony, Clear Channel
Communications, the telecom giants, and the radio equipment
manufacturers.

See;

"Rotten, Old-Fashioned Corruption at the FCC"
http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=16032

and

"The FCC's Rapidly Revolving Door"

http://www.publicintegrity.org/dtawe...L3=0&L4=0&L5=0

and

"The FCC's Strange Non-Profit"
http://www.openairwaves.org/telecom/report.aspx?aid=31

and

"Behind Closed Doors: Top Broadcasters Met 71 Times With FCC
Officials"

http://www.publicintegrity.org/dtawe...L3=0&L4=0&L5=0

-MR
Old December 7th 03, 02:10 AM
Kris Karmaski

"Night Ranger" wrote in message
m...
Wonder why the FCC is giving away the airways? Here is why. The FCC
has been bought and paid for by Viacom, Disney, Sony, Clear Channel
Communications, the telecom giants, and the radio equipment
manufacturers.

I really coundn't give a hoot.
I do not subscribe to cable TV as
what the is broadcast over the RF
is fine by me and my rabbit ear TV
works OK. Don't need no goddam
cell-phone either. If they won' leave
a message for me on my POTS
answering machine, they can go screw
em'selves. I'll spring for ISP but as
soon as they start charging for e-mail
and/or it costs more than $12 per
month then they too can go pound sand
up their bung too with the Comcast.

I still can't get over all the complaints and
beefs that people have with FCC! Nobody is
making you buy a cell-phone subscription or
buy cable TV. Why just not DO WITHOUT them
as I do, and be happy as a clam and have
a few extra sheckels at the end of the month
left over as a result of not having them!

FCC can give the airwaves back to the Indians
for all I care. There will always be something on
broadcast radio or TV. If not the newspaper
and/or a book an my stock of Chivas Regal
by the fireplace is always ready...