Old January 1st 04, 10:48 PM
Don Smith

Default Kenwood TM-231A help needed

I have a Kenwood TM-231A that I am trying to modify the frequency range. When I got it the radio was able to receive from low 2-meter frequencies to 160mhz plus but the transmit was only to about 148mhz. When I tried the installation of the D209 diode per the modifications instructions and service manual I lost the upper receive frequencies and only had the 2 meter frequencies. Is there something I am missing? Is there some other component that needs to be added or removed? Does the CPU have to be reset in any way.

Also I do not have the TSU-6 tone board installed. Will the radio still produce encode tones and if so, how do I change tones? Please respond by email. Thanks, 73's and Happy New Year to all. Don smith KB6GQA

--
"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." George Washington (Address to 1st session of Congress)

Old January 2nd 04, 08:09 AM
Radioman

I have a Kenwood TM-231A that I am trying to modify the frequency range. When I got it the radio was able to receive from low
2-meter frequencies to 160mhz plus but the transmit was only to about 148mhz. When I tried the installation of the D209 diode per
the modifications instructions and service manual I lost the upper receive frequencies and only had the 2 meter frequencies. Is
there something I am missing? Is there some other component that needs to be added or removed? Does the CPU have to be reset in
any way.

Also I do not have the TSU-6 tone board installed. Will the radio still produce encode tones and if so, how do I change tones?
Please respond by email. Thanks, 73's and Happy New Year to all. Don smith KB6GQA

Turn off your HTML and then try this link:
http://www.mods.dk/mods.php3?model=tm-231&radio=kenwood