Old January 7th 04, 04:26 PM
Keyboard In The Wilderness

Default Ham Whoppers

Ah good ones -- some more "Great Ham Whoppers"
I only own one radio!!
Ur 599 (ur call again please).
Your QSL is in the Mail
I'll Never Build Another Kit Project

I bought my mint TS-950SDX for $300.00.
I worked em on the first call.
I never worked DX on a net!!

After a long boring QSO:
XYL says dinner is ready.
Just got the ____ call.
We're losing propagation (wiggle the RF Pwr control)
QRM Now -- Better Sign while we can!
OOpps -- there's the doorbell
Gotta land line OM -- 73
OOppss Rover!!! Gotta run and empty the dog!!
Oh shoot, lightning in the area, gota shut down!
XYL says time to take my pills. Gota go!
Time for the local repeater net, Gota go!

I am just running a few watts, opps there goes the circuit breaker.
I usually copy code around 40 wpm but have an ear infection so using phone
now.
Love code but had my Vibroplex stolen so have to use phone.

--
73 From The Wilderness Keyboard
"Burp" wrote in message
Whoppers heard at the amateur radio club meeting last
night:

"I got my DXCC the honest way."

"It's in mint condition, I used it for only a few hours."

"I'll sell it to you for what I paid for it."

Burp

Old January 7th 04, 05:17 PM
garigue

Good ones ..... how about ....

Hey I just got my ticket ....your VEC group testing time didn't fit into my
schedule so I drove 300 miles and "passed"

To the person above .....you can borrow my key since you learned 5 WPM
overnight .... naa don't have time for CW .....

The band is always "open" here .....

I can't pass the code test because of my hearing .....

My wife says I can put up that 100 foot tower but .......

Boy I'd love to help you guys but I have something going on this weekend

Nobody wants to do anything for this club ....meanwhile this joker has done
crap for years save bitch about everything ....

Gee I'd really like to have that ----as I have been looking for one of those
for years ...meanwhile your "good buddy" has cut a deal with a fellow cross
town who wants one but doesn't want to miss out on a "score".

To the widow ..... Ya know Mrs. RF your husband was such a good guy and he
told me that you should only talk to me about getting rid of the "shack".
Don't laugh '''this HAS happened at funeral homes ......

To the grieving widow ..... Ya know Mrs. RF that you can't get parts for
that old stuff any more ... I'll give you a few bucks and then give the
radios to the scouts they can take them apart for a merit badge project ....

It only "cuts out" now and then ....

AND NOW FOR THE GRANDDADDY OF WHOPPERS ....... drum roll .....

CW always gets through .......

God Bless 73 KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa.

Old January 8th 04, 06:42 AM
Robert Casey

Whoppers heard at the amateur radio club meeting last
night:

"I got my DXCC the honest way."

"It's in mint condition, I used it for only a few hours."

"I'll sell it to you for what I paid for it."

Was that meeting held at a Burger King? :-)

Old January 8th 04, 06:46 AM
Robert Casey

AND NOW FOR THE GRANDDADDY OF WHOPPERS ....... drum roll .....

CW always gets through .......

Well, that's better than "CB always gets through... on my TV set,
stereo, etc
because the neighbor is running his "lyneyr"...."

Old January 10th 04, 06:11 PM
Walter Treftz

You forgott -------
At a ham fest -- "worked great last time I used it" (muttering to hizzelf
"course
I ain't used it since lightning struck the house" or "how could I "use" it if
it ain't working?")