Old January 25th 04, 10:59 PM
Dee D. Flint

"William" wrote in message
om...
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

igy.com...

Old timers dropping out will not do a thing. There are enough new

people
coming in that they won't even notice. Instead we will be left with an

even
more unbalanced viewpoint.

Depends on your point of view. I'm going to encourage more cranky old
hams to drop out.

Although new versus old does cause friction, the balance is still needed.
The new bring fresh enthusiasm and new ideas. The old have the experience
to weigh these ideas and modify them so they will work or to spot ideas that
have been tried in the past and known to fail. We need both old and new.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old January 25th 04, 11:31 PM
Mike Coslo

William wrote:

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message igy.com...

Old timers dropping out will not do a thing. There are enough new people
coming in that they won't even notice. Instead we will be left with an even
more unbalanced viewpoint.

Depends on your point of view. I'm going to encourage more cranky old
hams to drop out.

HA! Good one!

This is Brian, right?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old January 26th 04, 02:34 AM
Screw'em

I am with the poster who sed:

-- I have a completely different opinion!

Join the ARRL today! \

73 From The Wilderness Keyboard

I won't join the ARRL because full membership now requires a frontal
lobotomy. If you see your section manager or Division director at a meeting
or Hamfest, ask them how their surgury went, then slap the **** out of them
for me.

Screw'em

Old January 26th 04, 01:06 PM
William

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
William wrote:

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message igy.com...

Old timers dropping out will not do a thing. There are enough new people
coming in that they won't even notice. Instead we will be left with an even
more unbalanced viewpoint.

Depends on your point of view. I'm going to encourage more cranky old
hams to drop out.

HA! Good one!

This is Brian, right?

- Mike KB3EIA -

Yup. Got tired of my real email account getting loaded with spam.
Old January 26th 04, 01:08 PM
William

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message igy.com...
"William" wrote in message
om...
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

igy.com...

Old timers dropping out will not do a thing. There are enough new

people
coming in that they won't even notice. Instead we will be left with an

even
more unbalanced viewpoint.

Depends on your point of view. I'm going to encourage more cranky old
hams to drop out.

Although new versus old does cause friction, the balance is still needed.
The new bring fresh enthusiasm and new ideas. The old have the experience
to weigh these ideas and modify them so they will work or to spot ideas that
have been tried in the past and known to fail. We need both old and new.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Here we go again with the demographics. The ARS is a geriatric service.

Too bad they took the birth date out of the database.

Old January 26th 04, 02:01 PM
Mike Coslo

William wrote:

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message igy.com...

"William" wrote in message
.com...

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

igy.com...

Old timers dropping out will not do a thing. There are enough new

people

coming in that they won't even notice. Instead we will be left with an

even

more unbalanced viewpoint.

Depends on your point of view. I'm going to encourage more cranky old
hams to drop out.

Although new versus old does cause friction, the balance is still needed.
The new bring fresh enthusiasm and new ideas. The old have the experience
to weigh these ideas and modify them so they will work or to spot ideas that
have been tried in the past and known to fail. We need both old and new.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Here we go again with the demographics. The ARS is a geriatric service.

Too bad they took the birth date out of the database.

She's *kind* of right, Brian. I'd modify it that the oldsters should be
the helpful type, not the ones spitting bile about how awful or stupid
everyone is anymore. 8^) I really enjoy talking with old timers about
ham radio and radio in general as long as I don't get an earful of vitriol.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old January 26th 04, 04:36 PM
Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL

"Screw'em" wrote in

I am with the poster who sed:

-- I have a completely different opinion!

Join the ARRL today! \

73 From The Wilderness Keyboard

I won't join the ARRL because full membership now requires a frontal
lobotomy. If you see your section manager or Division director at a
meeting or Hamfest, ask them how their surgury went, then slap the
**** out of them for me.

I'm afraid you *will* need to slap them in order to get their attention.
The BOD doesn't listen to members or hams like me anymore.

If the ARRL leadership had cared about the state of amateur radio and the
quality of its operators, they never would have made the proposals that
they've made over the last 11 years. To them its let us get more morons
licensed so we can get more money in the ole bank account. The ARRL
leadership doesn't care for quality, capable operators. But their plan
will back fire on them and ham radio has and will suffer. When you hand
free licenses to everyone, those people don't appreciate it and probably
won't buy a membership. You always appreciate something more when you
had to work harder to get it and you'll take care of it. But to the ARRL
it's all about money and I'll bet anyone in this group that if they get
their way with their proposal they will offer a 12 dollar discount to new
ham non-members like they did at the last restructuring. "Take a ham
test, and we'll discount new membership on the price of your VEC test
fee!"

Oh well, Nuff said. Most of you don't care anyway. Back to listening to
the lids and CBer type behavior on the bands. 73

KB7ADL
Old January 26th 04, 07:06 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
William wrote:

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

igy.com...

"William" wrote in message
.com...

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

[...]

Keep in mind also that the vitriolic ones tend to be highly vocal and
noticeable thus giving people the impression that there are a lot of them
when in reality they are only a handful.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old January 26th 04, 09:15 PM
William

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
William wrote:

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message igy.com...

"William" wrote in message
.com...

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

[...]

I kind of miss W0EX.
Old January 27th 04, 01:54 AM
Bonzi

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:26:17 -0600, "Lloyd Davies The GREAT TIME LORD"
wrote:

"So Phuk'em" wrote in message

All you old timers & O.M.'s, cancel your memberships! The ARRL board of
directors and section managers are intent on destroying your enjoyment of
the hobby and also in destroying the effectiveness of the service in times
of national emergency. I'm sick at how the bands have become sounding like
CB over the last 17 years, and the League is still intent on making things
worse. So Phuk'em

I have a completly different opinion!

Join the ARRL today! There is no better time than now, to join the ONLY
voice that Ham Radio has. If you don't like what you, Mr I have no balls,
than turn your radio off! You are not helping anyone!

Like I said, my membership had paid off!!!!!!

You couldn't get on HF until it was given to you, lardass.