Old March 8th 04, 06:34 PM
Ron Hardin

Default renew license?

How do you renew a license these days?

I sent a ncvec 605 to the FCC and they sat on it for two months and
then sent it back

``The Federal Communications Commission does not accept the NCVEC
Form 605. Please mail this form to your local volunteer examiner.''

I haven't the foggiest idea what they're talking about.
--
Ron Hardin

Old March 8th 04, 08:37 PM
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

In article , Ron Hardin wrote:
How do you renew a license these days?

You can send $10 or so to the ARRL or,

1. Go to the FCC web site.

2. Create an ID number and password for yourself.

3. Attach your ham radio license to the ID number.

4. Renew your license.

5. Pay the necesary fees (vanity calls), regular licenses are free.

Note that the license must expire in 90 days or less, or be expired
less than 2 years.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
I've watched "The Passion". It's the worst version of MacBeth I've ever seen.

Old March 8th 04, 10:27 PM
Ron Hardin

Thanks, I tried online and it worked.
I _guess_ it worked anyway.
--
Ron Hardin

Old March 8th 04, 11:39 PM
Dan/W4NTI

Or go to www.qrz.com and do it there. Or if your a league member, its
free to have them do it.

Dan/W4NTI

Old March 8th 04, 11:42 PM
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

In article , Ron Hardin wrote:
Thanks, I tried online and it worked.
I _guess_ it worked anyway.

You're welcome. If it worked, you should be able to go the the inquiry
page and see the new expiration date. Note that QRZ.com, etc don't directly
mirror the database, they get nightly updates, so they will be a day or
two behind.

Geoff.

Old March 9th 04, 03:46 AM
Incognito

You can do it the painless way -- see W5YI service (a small fee) at URL:
https://www.w5yi.org/Secure/Renew.htm

Or plow thru the FCC stuff via the ARRL Page:
http://www.arrl.org/arrlvec/#renewals

--
Incognito By Necessity (:-(

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- - -Harry S Truman

Old March 9th 04, 10:30 AM
Ron Hardin

Incognito wrote:

You can do it the painless way -- see W5YI service (a small fee) at URL:
https://www.w5yi.org/Secure/Renew.htm

Or plow thru the FCC stuff via the ARRL Page:
http://www.arrl.org/arrlvec/#renewals

I was tempted but don't like spreading around my SS number if it's avoidable.
We'll see if the FCC site version worked or not.
--
Ron Hardin

Old March 9th 04, 11:57 AM
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

In article , Ron Hardin wrote:
I was tempted but don't like spreading around my SS number if it's avoidable.
We'll see if the FCC site version worked or not.

Acording to the FCC database, W8LVI expires 03/15/2014.
QRZ still has the old date.

Geoff.