Old June 25th 04, 07:14 PM
King Zulu

Default UPLC on BPL: ignore armchair amateurs who still use vacuum tube transmitters

Good troll job, Chris.

" Moreover, these systems will incorporate adaptive interference mitigation
capabilities that will effectively remedy any interference that might result
to fixed and mobile operations in the High Frequency (HF) band (1.7-80
MHz)."

The "effective remedy" claim reminds me of the meeting I attended years ago
before Texas Gulf started its phosphate mining operation in Beaufort County,
NC. Everyone was pleased when the company categorically stated that the
little fishing creek near their mine would not be affected and would remain
"pristine" after their operations began. Yes, I do remember that Texas Gulf
liked to use that word "pristine" in describing the results of their
wastewater filtration!Within a year of operation, they had destroyed all
fishing in the little fishing tributary to Pamlico sound, and soon they were
destroying even the commercial fishing in the sound itself. But by then,
Beaufort County had become dependent on their business, so little was done
about it. "Abatement" and "adaptive interference mitigation" has the very
same ring as the empty promise to maintain the purity of our nice fishing
stream. But we sure would like to believe you Chris; trouble is, existing
tests have already proven it's a lie. The mitigation just won't work. It's
just a radio communications vs. big-business backed misuse of the power
lines for profit option. And the truth is, the vast majority of people in
this country don't need it and won't use it. A very bad trade-off; only the
greedy could love it.

ak

Read the UPLC lies at http://tinyurl.com/yqxbh

Old June 25th 04, 10:49 PM
mr microphone 909

"Chris" wrote in message
The United Power Line Council (UPLC) just blew the ARRL's comments to
the FCC out of the water. No wonder the Chairman of the FCC sees hams
as "throwbacks to an earlier age."

....and they are 100% correct also. Just goto any hamfest
or ham club meeting. All you see is a bunch of retired old white
men in dirty rags who are incredible tightwads that reek
of tobacco smoke and/or booze.

Old June 26th 04, 02:41 AM
mdd

"Chris" wrote in message
The United Power Line Council (UPLC) just blew the ARRL's comments to
the FCC out of the water. No wonder the Chairman of the FCC sees hams
as "throwbacks to an earlier age." Read the UPLC comments at

http://tinyurl.com/yqxbh

Chris, You are wrong and your daddies at UPLC are wrong. But then you knew
that.

Old June 26th 04, 05:38 AM
JJ

mr microphone 909 wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message

The United Power Line Council (UPLC) just blew the ARRL's comments to
the FCC out of the water. No wonder the Chairman of the FCC sees hams
as "throwbacks to an earlier age."

...and they are 100% correct also. Just goto any hamfest
or ham club meeting. All you see is a bunch of retired old white
men in dirty rags who are incredible tightwads that reek
of tobacco smoke and/or booze.

So why do you go to hamfests? Oh, you must be one of them.

Old June 26th 04, 07:47 PM
Jim Hampton

"King Zulu" wrote in message
[...]

George Bush and his followers love all of that stuff. They also appreciate
the Chineese workers living under guard in concrete block dormatories where
they work 18 hours a day for 15 to 30 cents per hour - and then often aren't
paid (hey, pay for your own housing and food at 15 cents per hour). Over
400,000 Chineese workers killed by industrial accidents or from disease
caused by industrial work in 2003. Some commit suicide, but, what's good
for Bull Moose is good for America.

I wonder what country is going to be accused of "weapons of mass
distruction" next to divert attention. You can bet it won't be North Korea.
Follow the money trail.

Best regards from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

---

Old June 26th 04, 09:22 PM
Carl R. Stevenson

"Chris" wrote in message
The United Power Line Council (UPLC) just blew the ARRL's comments to
the FCC out of the water. No wonder the Chairman of the FCC sees hams
as "throwbacks to an earlier age." Read the UPLC comments at

http://tinyurl.com/yqxbh

Read them ... what a pile of falsehoods and total crap. The UPLC should be
challenged under the
Commission's rules about making untruthful statements to the Commission.

Carl - wk3c