Old July 15th 04, 05:24 PM
J999w

Default Required info on QSL ?

I'm chasing my 6 meter WAS and VUCC and have been receiving quite a few cards
with missing information ... no RST, no DATE, without my CALL !

From the ARRL site under DXCC rules it states:

4. Confirmation data for two-way communications must include the call signs of
both stations, the Entity name as shown in the DXCC List, mode, and date, time
and band. Except as permitted in Rule 1, cross-mode contacts are not permitted
for DXCC credits. Confirmations not containing all required information may be
rejected.

Does a QSL require a RST report?

I've been sending them back with a SASE to be filled out.

Thoughts?

John K9RZZ
Old July 15th 04, 05:29 PM
sty

"J999w" wrote in message
I'm chasing my 6 meter WAS and VUCC and have been receiving quite a few

cards
with missing information ... no RST, no DATE, without my CALL !

From the ARRL site under DXCC rules it states:

4. Confirmation data for two-way communications must include the call

signs of
both stations, the Entity name as shown in the DXCC List, mode, and date,

time
and band. Except as permitted in Rule 1, cross-mode contacts are not

permitted
for DXCC credits. Confirmations not containing all required information

may be
rejected.

Does a QSL require a RST report?

I've been sending them back with a SASE to be filled out.

Thoughts?

John K9RZZ

Ah! such an exciting life you live.

Old July 15th 04, 05:56 PM
Dee D. Flint

"sty" wrote in message
ink.net...

"J999w" wrote in message
I'm chasing my 6 meter WAS and VUCC and have been receiving quite a few

cards
with missing information ... no RST, no DATE, without my CALL !

From the ARRL site under DXCC rules it states:

4. Confirmation data for two-way communications must include the call

signs of
both stations, the Entity name as shown in the DXCC List, mode, and

date,
time
and band. Except as permitted in Rule 1, cross-mode contacts are not

permitted
for DXCC credits. Confirmations not containing all required information

may be
rejected.

Does a QSL require a RST report?

Signal report is not required. For VUCC, the grid square is required in
addition to the normal items.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old July 15th 04, 07:27 PM
J999w

Signal report is not required. For VUCC, the grid square is required in
addition to the normal items.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Yeah, I saw that you are allowed to write the grid square on the address side
of the card in pencil, if it's not clearly marked on the info side of the card.

As for the other comment ... what have YOU accomplished lately other than down
a few beers???

jw
K9RZZ
Old July 15th 04, 07:41 PM
Dee D. Flint

"J999w" wrote in message
Signal report is not required. For VUCC, the grid square is required in
addition to the normal items.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Yeah, I saw that you are allowed to write the grid square on the address

side
of the card in pencil, if it's not clearly marked on the info side of the

card.

As for the other comment ... what have YOU accomplished lately other than

down
a few beers???

What other comment? Besides I don't drink beer.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old July 15th 04, 07:55 PM
Da Shadow

In the past I have had HF cards rejected for lack of RST and dates.
I do not know if this applies to VHF cards or still applies to HF cards ?
Best ask the local ARRL awards manager
See awards managers for your locale at the ARRL pages

At least you are receiving cards -- I sent out 142 6M cards for VUCC with
SASE's and return rate is about 60 %

And for WAS cards of the 48 I have worked -- still missing 2 cards -- sent
with SASE over a year ago.

Oh well work em again I guess.

--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows
"J999w" wrote in message
I'm chasing my 6 meter WAS and VUCC and have been receiving quite a few

cards
with missing information ... no RST, no DATE, without my CALL !

From the ARRL site under DXCC rules it states:

Old July 15th 04, 08:16 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Da Shadow" wrote in message
In the past I have had HF cards rejected for lack of RST and dates.
I do not know if this applies to VHF cards or still applies to HF cards ?
Best ask the local ARRL awards manager
See awards managers for your locale at the ARRL pages

At least you are receiving cards -- I sent out 142 6M cards for VUCC with
SASE's and return rate is about 60 %

And for WAS cards of the 48 I have worked -- still missing 2 cards -- sent
with SASE over a year ago.

Oh well work em again I guess.

They can't reject it for lack of RST but the card MUST have a date on it.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old July 15th 04, 10:58 PM
Da Shadow

I can assure you that in last decade, my HF contact with Panama was
rejected -- it was a CW QSO and the mode and RST were missing.

Maybe in the eye of the checker huh ????
--
Lamont Cranston

The Shadow Knows

?

Old July 15th 04, 11:21 PM
sty

I've been sending them back with a SASE to be filled out.

Thoughts?

John K9RZZ

Ah! such an exciting life you live.

Help required info on HiMARK DM1461 PLL chip ukmonitor Homebrew 0 March 5th 04 04:38 PM
Help required info on HiMARK DM1461 PLL chip ukmonitor Homebrew 0 March 5th 04 04:38 PM
INFO: Digitar WX Stn John Boatanchors 0 October 27th 03 12:26 AM
KW Viceroy mark3 info required David L Thompson Boatanchors 5 October 8th 03 06:06 PM
Info Required - KW-103 Wattneter / SWR Bridge Pat Richardson Boatanchors 0 July 30th 03 01:34 PM