Old November 21st 04, 11:25 PM
Dan/W4NTI

Default ARRL SWEEPSTAKES

Finally got that clean sweep after a couple years of just missing it.
Thanks to Hans, K0HB for the QSO, ran into lots of folks I know in the
contesting circle.

If anyone still needs Alabama I'll be on 40 and 75 till its done.

Dan/W4NTI

Old November 23rd 04, 04:12 AM
J999w

Congrats on the sweep.

I'd like to know who nuked WMass ?

Never heard even one, and didn't have enough hardware to snag 5 others.

I was really sweating late sunday afternoon when I hadn't heard a single Iowa
station (close enough to be worked on 2 meters!) Of course, after I worked the
first one, they were everywhere.

205x74.

jw
k9rzz
milwaukee
(100w + 40m loop)
Old November 23rd 04, 11:45 PM
Dan/W4NTI

Tell me about it. WMA was really absent. I managed it as one of my last in
the sweep. My last section was OK believe it or not. As usual I managed
the close in states like LA and MS late afternoon on Sunday. This seems to
be the norm for whatever reason on twenty from this part of Bama.

VE2 was rare again, guess they are still mad at us (you know Frenchy and
all).

Managed the hard ones right off like NWT, KL7 and KH6 on Saturday early.

Dan/W4NTI

Old November 24th 04, 12:05 AM
Dave Bushong

WMA was easy here in NH, of course. I had six of them. The ones I
missed we BC, ID, NE, NL, NT, ORG, and PAC. I didn't get a sweep
this time on CW, either, but closer. This one (SSB) was 334/73. CW was
300/76, missed AK, NT, PAC, and QC. I can throw a rock and hit QC from
here. I don't get that one.

73,
Dave
KZ1O