Old December 5th 04, 03:23 AM
John Woodstock

Default WAS 90 - One State Missing - Hawaii

With a little over 3 weeks to go, my time in securing a contact is
starting to shrink..

I'm located in New York..

Interested in learning if there are any SSB nets that regularly have
Hams from Hawaii?

If there are any hams in Hawaii reading this, I'm open to any
frequency at almost any time of day for a quick SSB contact..

Thanks for any pointers..

If you are missing any other state, I've found the 3905 Century Club
40 Meter early net as a great way to make a bunch of contacts. You can
find out about them at: http://www.3905ccn.com/
Old December 5th 04, 05:45 AM
J999w

I heard a KH6 on 160 last night, and 40 meters in the wee hours should get you
there as well.

Perhaps watch the DX clusters such as:

http://www.dxscape.com/ww25.html

The 10 meter contest is next weekend, you might pick one up then. That gives
you one week to get your antenna's tweaked to the west!

GL !

John Wilke
K9RZZ

Old December 5th 04, 09:55 PM
Dr.Ace

The GERATOL Net on 3.768 Mhz sometimes has Hawaii hams check in, I think it
starts nightly at at 0100 Hrs UTC .
Good Luck, Ace - WH2T

om...

Old December 7th 04, 08:11 PM
J999w

Hearing KH6DX/mobile right now on 18.081mhz. sigs 579 at 2000z on my single
quad loop.

Might check at a similar time on this band when you get the chance.

jw
k9rzz
milwaukee