Old December 10th 04, 03:21 PM

Default Can I use mobile for base

I am looking to make a base station and probably can only afford used
mobiles. I have limited room upstairs. Is there a good way to make
something the radios should mount to so I can use them? Any suggestions?

Old December 10th 04, 09:38 PM
Hal Rosser

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking to make a base station and probably can only afford used
mobiles. I have limited room upstairs. Is there a good way to make
something the radios should mount to so I can use them? Any suggestions?

Many of us use mobiles - just put it on the table - no mounting required.
get a power supply that can handle the amps
I like to put a car battery in parallel with the power supply.

---

Old December 10th 04, 10:55 PM
Ether Hopper

Yes -- many do --- need a power supply or batteries for power.

Also you can use a big outdoor high antennas

Good Luck
--
RF Gotta Go SomeWhere

"Hal Rosser" wrote in message

oups.com...

Old December 10th 04, 11:07 PM
J999w

I use a car battery and charger for my 100+ watt VHF bricks. No detectable hum
on my signal, and I've always got a fresh battery if the one in my car dies at
-15F !

jw
k9rzz
Old December 12th 04, 08:30 PM
Dan/W4NTI

Does the mobile provide 12 volts for the radio?
Do you think a 12 volt Power supply, of sufficient current capability, would
replace the vehicle voltage source?
Or perhaps a battery charger and a car battery, or preferably a Gel cell
would do the job?
Just remember to remove the charger when using the radio, or it will
Hummmmmmmm.

Dan/W4NTI

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking to make a base station and probably can only afford used
mobiles. I have limited room upstairs. Is there a good way to make
something the radios should mount to so I can use them? Any suggestions?

Good 144/440 mobile antenna recommendations Michael Rawls Antenna 1 June 17th 04 03:55 AM
FA: Alinco DR-135T VHF FM Mobile Transceiver, NR: EBay Mark Petereit Equipment 0 March 8th 04 01:04 AM
mobile antenna impedance comparison H. Adam Stevens, NQ5H Antenna 23 January 22nd 04 10:32 AM
Mobile Antennas Jerry Antenna 0 September 8th 03 07:27 PM
FS: Swantenna Remote Control Mobile Antenna Dave Hollander Equipment 0 August 12th 03 01:26 AM