Old February 27th 05, 02:00 AM

Default Taking the ham test

Is it still necessary to take the novice No code test at a testing site
or can it be done online? If it can be done online where do I go?

thanks

Old February 27th 05, 02:22 AM
Caveat Lector

You have to appear before an Examiner
To take a ham test in your area see URL:
http://www.arrl.org/arrlvec/examsearch.phtml

The classes of licenses and requirements are at URL:
http://www.arrl.org/hamradio.html

--
Caveat Lector (Reader Beware)
Help The New Hams

ups.com...

Old February 27th 05, 04:11 AM
Dee Flint

FYI

You should also check the W5YI site for there test locations since the ARRL
will not list those and vice versa. Since there are 10 other groups that
also coordinate tests here in the US, you should contact a local club in
your area and see who does the testing. For example, in San Diego, all
testing is handled by SANDARC not ARRL or W5YI. If you search the latter
two sites, you would come away convinced that there is no testing in San
Diego while in reality there are tests monthly if not weekly.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
You have to appear before an Examiner
To take a ham test in your area see URL:
http://www.arrl.org/arrlvec/examsearch.phtml

The classes of licenses and requirements are at URL:
http://www.arrl.org/hamradio.html

--
Caveat Lector (Reader Beware)
Help The New Hams
Someone Helped You
Or did You Forget That ?

ups.com...

Old February 28th 05, 05:59 PM
LT

The complete list of VECs is available at
http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/ama...sing/vecs.html.

(Testing must occur before at least three VEs.)

A lot of amateur radio info is also available at
http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/amateur/

The Part 97 rules that govern amateur radio can be found at
https://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/re...ules-regs.html

The current standard for Morse testing can be found at
http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2001/06/19/3/

Old March 4th 05, 03:39 AM
Lloyd A Davies

I wouldnt both if I was you. No hard feelings here, but pretty soon,
a Ham Radio test is gonna be about as good a used piece of toilet
paper....

Lloyd Davies, Supreme TimeLORD
Talk Show Host "On the Domestic Front"
Nim Buster of the year - 2004