Old March 24th 05, 07:00 PM
MW0GUV

"Jock." wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:24:53 +0000, Walt Davidson

wrote:

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 05:12:26 GMT, "Jack VK2CJC"
wrote:

here here

There there.

Where, where? I can't see it.

73 de Jock.

Another pointless post from one of the sheep Baaaaa

Old March 25th 05, 07:10 AM
Concerned Amateur

In article , Walt Davidson wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:56:50 GMT, "Ashley VK3HAG"
wrote:

[drivel snipped]

Take your CB trash somewhere else. Nobody in the UK is remotely
interested in your nonsense.

73 de G3NYY

Then why do you continue to cross-post your banal crap to the
Australian Amateur Newsgroup. Isn't your **TROLL** community
large enough in the UK ?

They really should pull the undersea cable out to keep you away
from the rest of the world
Old March 25th 05, 07:45 AM
jim.gm4dhj

I blame the heat.........

I blame the witchetty grubs ........

73 de G3NYY

--
Walt Davidson Email: g3nyy @despammed.com

I blame the fact that they are up-side-down........and neighbours/home and
away......

Old March 25th 05, 09:08 AM
G-S

Walt Davidson wrote:

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 07:45:45 GMT, "jim.gm4dhj"
wrote:

I blame the fact that they are up-side-down........and neighbours/home and
away......

I blame their parents ... for dropping them on their heads when they
were babies.

Mine only dropped me once... that's standard out here... weeds out the weak
ones from the tough bronzed aussie ones!

Bit different from your birth... the doctor slapped your mother!

G-S

Old March 25th 05, 09:32 AM
Dave S.

"Simon VK3XEM" wrote in message
. ..
Walt Davidson G3NNY is a *HYPOCRITE* because he carries on about
computers and the Internet here yet what is he operating? Maybe you
should give up on the Internet Walt and dust off your spark gap

transmitter.

Well, I don't normally side with the grumpy old b****r, but this time . . .
.. . .
Of course Walt's using a computer and the internet, but to contribute to a
NG.
He is not using VoIP instead of a radio, and then calling it amateur radio.
Granted IRLP requires a radio at each end, but the other VoIP modes do not,
and that is what is the issue with many of us.

Dave S.

Old March 25th 05, 09:58 AM
Martin, VK2UMJ

"Dave S." wrote in message

"Simon VK3XEM" wrote in message
. ..
Walt Davidson G3NNY is a *HYPOCRITE* because he carries on about
computers and the Internet here yet what is he operating? Maybe you
should give up on the Internet Walt and dust off your spark gap

transmitter.

Well, I don't normally side with the grumpy old b****r, but this time . .
.
. . .
Of course Walt's using a computer and the internet, but to contribute to a
NG.
He is not using VoIP instead of a radio, and then calling it amateur
radio.
Granted IRLP requires a radio at each end, but the other VoIP modes do
not,
and that is what is the issue with many of us.

But we're NOT talking about the *other* VoIP modes, just IRLP. I am not
trying to debate EchoLink..

So, are you saying that IRLP *is* part of Amateur Radio as it uses radio
*linked* using internet protocol, but EchoLink (etc) isn't as it uses NO
radio at all??? Can we assume that is correct?

Old March 25th 05, 10:02 AM
Martin, VK2UMJ

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 07:10:04 GMT, Concerned Amateur
wrote:

Then why do you continue to cross-post your banal crap to the
Australian Amateur Newsgroup. Isn't your **TROLL** community
large enough in the UK ?

May I just remind you that it was VK3HAG who cross-posted this "IRLP
Contest" drivel to uk.radio.amateur in the first place. If he hadn't
done that, we would never have known about it and none of this ... er
... "friendly debate" would ever have taken place.

Until the IRLP 'contest' started and then you'd all be sitting there in your
rocking chairs, wondering what the hell was happening and then whinging that
nobody had even bothered to tell you that it was on!

At least now you know, and can switch off your hearing aid and ignore all
those 'non-amateur' type people, or even pull the plug on the IRLP node,
which I know you in the UK wouldn't have anyway as it really isn't amateur
radio, and we all know that the Brits never do anything remotely
controversial, don't we!

Old March 25th 05, 10:11 AM
nana

Of course Walt's using a computer and the internet, but to contribute to a
NG.

And to which he keeps signing his Amateur Radio Callsign.

He is not using VoIP instead of a radio, and then calling it amateur
radio.
Granted IRLP requires a radio at each end, but the other VoIP modes do
not,
and that is what is the issue with many of us.

Dave S.

Certainly, the Echolink system has it's weeknesses, but it isn't under
discussion here, IRLP is. And that's part of the issue, the confusion, or
lack of understanding of the vital security differences between the two
systems.

Brad.

Old March 25th 05, 10:15 AM
Chris Kirby

"Dave S." wrote:

Granted IRLP requires a radio at each end, but the other VoIP modes do not,
and that is what is the issue with many of us.

It is equally true to say that it is NOT an issue with many of us.

--
Chris
Old March 25th 05, 10:35 AM
Chris Kirby

nana wrote:

Certainly, the Echolink system has it's weeknesses, but it isn't under
discussion here, IRLP is. And that's part of the issue, the confusion, or
lack of understanding of the vital security differences between the two
systems.

What's "vital" about security? Is someone going to get hurt?

As has been said many times before, anyone with or without a licence
can invent a callsign and go "on-air". Once they done that, the IRLP
network is just as easy to access as any other frequency. All this PGP
authentication between nodes is just a spin-off from the fact that
Dave Cameron invented the system primarily as a VOIP system to replace
land-lines for commercial applications. It is quite unnecessary on the
ham bands.

--
Chris