Old March 23rd 05, 01:56 AM
Ashley VK3HAG

Default IRLP Contest Update

1st International IRLP Contest 2005

Participating Nodes (Ed. 56) 22/3/2005
1020 Chemainus BC Canada
1080 Kamloops BC Canada
1150 Summerland BC Canada
1230 Calgary AB Canada
1270 Lethbridge AB Canada
1375 Okanagan Falls
1410 Kamloops BC Canada
1547 Penticton BC Canada
1750 Flin Flon MB Canada

2080 Greenwood NS Canada
2120 Peterborough ON Canada
2160 Thornhill ON Canada
2410 Kitchener ON Canada

3018 Houston TX USA
3033 Mountain Home AR USA

3089 Sisters OR USA
3180 Palm Springs CA USA
3197 Kailua-Oahu HI USA
3203 Valdez AK USA

3337 Columbus TX USA
3374 Shaghai China (Subject to operating times single node)
3535 Nebraska NE USA
3608 Colby KS USA
3668 North Shore, Oahu HI USA
3672 GUAM GU USA
3720 Waikiki, Oahu HI USA
3780 Half Moon Bay CA USA
3820 Phoenix AZ USA
3822 Wasilla AK USA
3892 Tucson AZ USA
3893 Tucson AZ USA

4128 Bartow FL USA WC4PEM VHF
4156 Bartow FL USA WC4PEM UHF
4250 Rochester NY USA
4550 Atlanta GA USA
4597 Tiffin OHIO USA
4654 Clearfield UT USA
4850 Aurora IL USA

?4865 Portsmouth VA USA kg4zxk.com
& THE CHESAPEAKE AMATEUR RADIO SERVICE

5130 Maltby SY England
5150 Sheffield SY England
5196 Edinburgh Scotland
5200 Rotherham SY England
5350 Melton Mowbray LE England
5400 Manchester CHESHIRE England
5450 Manchester CHESHIRE England
5474 Sandres Norway
5515 Nuremberg Bayern Germany
5590 Milwaukee WI USA
5635 Leeds WYORK England
5670 Great Falls MT USA
5682 Galway GALWAY Ireland
5717 Greenfield LANCS England
5883 Waterford City WATERFORD Ireland
5994 Barnsley SYORK England
5150 Sheffield SY England

6260 Wagga Wagga NSW Australia
6300 Melbourne Vic Australia
6350 Kangaroo Ground Vic Australia
6390 Melbourne Vic Australia

?6391 Arthurs Seat Vic Australia Bass Amateur Radio IRLP Group

6392 IRLP Conference USA
Operating during conference when time allows. Days of operating are the
16th and 17th April by
VK3JED - Tony

?6405 Gold Coast Qld Australia Sponsor of Trophy
VK4JAA Terry

6527 Coffs Harbour NSW Australia
6549 Waikato VHF Group New Zealand
6600 Karratha WA Australia Subject to operating hours
6610 Albany WA Australia
6620 Collie WA Australia
6700 Mt Barrow North East TAS Australia
6793 Hastings New Zealand
6875 Millicent SA Australia
6887 Seoul Republic of South Korea single node
6943 Feilding MANAWATU New Zealand

7170 Pomona CA USA
7270 South Hadley MA USA
7430 Lakeside MT USA
7500 Valsayn TRINIDAD Trinidad and Tobago
7710 Cocoa FL USA
7773 Aguascalientes AGUAS Mexico
7820 Queens/New York City NY USA
8300 Durban KZ Natal South Africa
8467 White River MPUMALANGA South Africa
8600 Eindohoven Netherlands
8620 Eindohoven Netherlands
8900 Madras TN India single node
8904 Aguascalientes AGUAS Mexico

Participating Reflector List

9050 North East Reflector please refrain from using sub-channels
9058 North East Reflector please refrain from using sub-channels
9075 Alaska Reflector please refrain from using sub channels
9213 Raleigh Reflector
9250 Western Reflector Please refrain from using sub-channels
9500 Sydney Reflector NSW Australia
9870 Denver Reflector Please refrain from using sub-channels

THE CONTEST IS FOR IRLP MODE ONLY

RULES:

The contest will be held starting MARCH 18 at 0001 GMT and ending APRIL 17
2359 GMT

POINTS WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS-

1. 1 point for a contact with someone not in the contest in your own
country
2. 2 points for a contact with someone in the contest in your own country
3. 2 points for a contact with someone in another country who is not in the
contest
4. 3 points for contact with someone in the contest in another country
5. 5 points for contact with single node countries and special event
stations such as the International Space Station etc

6. The following information must be included in your log
NAME
QTH
NODE #
CONTACT NUMBER-I.E.- You are number 001

Any contacts without this information will be counted as a single point
contact.

7. At present the logging program that will be used will be DXKEEPER, which
is available free, on line.
8. For those without computers, paper logs will be sent to BRUCE DEHN
306 CRIPPLE CREEK CT.
V.A. BEACH, V.A. USA
Logs should be sent in within 30 days of the end of the contest.

9. No duplicates allowed. one contact per callsign.
10. All nodes and reflectors may be used as long as the node/reflectors
allow. persons who abuse this privilege will be disallowed from the prizes.
11. Only voice communications allowed. (Maybe next year we will allow other
modes)
12. Electronic logs are to be emailed to for
disposition.
(keep a copy of your logs for your own records)
13 Please include as much information as possible in your logs if you want
an accurate count. again, please note with each entry, what you think the
point count should be for that contact.
14. All amateur radio rules and regulations apply especially any involved
with nodes/reflectors.

TRY AND KEEP TO THE RULES AND DON'T ABUSE THE NODES/REFLECTORS.
HAVE FUN AND HELP PROMOTE IRLP 'KEEPING THE RADIO IN AMATEUR RADIO' AS A
VIABLE METHOD OF COMMUNICATIONS

--
VK3HAG

I'm up to contact #30, others have reached the 100+ mark

Old March 23rd 05, 06:40 AM
Martin, VK2UMJ

"Walt Davidson" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:56:50 GMT, "Ashley VK3HAG"
wrote:

[drivel snipped]

Take your CB trash somewhere else. Nobody in the UK is remotely
interested in your nonsense.

That's probably because no one in the UK has enough working brain cells to
figure out what the IRLP actually stands for...

Bloody whinging poms - if YOU personally don't have an interest, or the
abilities, to use IRLP then please do the world a favour and just SHUT THE
HELL UP!! The entire world does NOT bow down to the wishes and desires of
the UK, despite what you may think.... It isn't the good old days of the
colonies when people actually gave a rats what pommies had to say...

And, it may be nice if you actually quoted accurate information rather than
looking like the typical brain dead whinging pommie dickhead you are when
you refer to IRLP, a mode limited to the Amateur Radio Service, as "CB
trash".

And believe me, there are many of us out here that aren't remotely
interested in the nonsense that constantly comes from the UK
either..........

--
Martin, VK2UMJ

To reply by e-mail, replace ".invalid" with ".com.au"

"I cannot help but notice that there is no problem
between us that cannot be solved by your departure."

Old March 23rd 05, 06:58 AM
blackbox

As I Australian living in the UK, I personally can't understand the
"Dial-A-Contest" principle, so Ashley it's not just "whinging poms" that
can't understand the need to have this pointless contests on the Internet.

"It isn't the good old days of the colonies when people actually gave a
rats what pommies had to say"

Didn't Australia just vote to keep the monarchy? I believe we did and voted
to continue to be ruled by the UK.

I personally voted against, but the majority voted to continue being ruled
by the UK, so in a way Ashley our Country agreed to "give a rats" what the
UK poms say"

Sorry just had to throw that in the lighten the mood

BB

Old March 23rd 05, 07:00 AM
blackbox

/BB curses at that dam spell checker

Old March 23rd 05, 08:46 AM
G-S

blackbox wrote:

Didn't Australia just vote to keep the monarchy? I believe we did and
voted to continue to be ruled by the UK.

I didn't vote for the system to be altered because they didn't offer a
directly elected option, and if the claytons republic option had gotten
through then no second chance would have been available.

This way the republic is still on the agenda and there is likely to be
another referendum in the medium term (say the next 20 years), with a good
chance it'll include a directly elected president (or Judge Advocate
General) or whatever you want to call the re-named directly elected
replacement for the govenor general.

G-S VK3DMN

Old March 23rd 05, 11:56 AM
G-S

Walt Davidson wrote:

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:46:31 +1100, G-S wrote:

This way the republic is still on the agenda and there is likely to be
another referendum in the medium term (say the next 20 years), with a good
chance it'll include a directly elected president (or Judge Advocate
General) or whatever you want to call the re-named directly elected
replacement for the govenor general.

How did we get here from a single, vacuous posting about IRLP
nonsense?
;-)

Hey this is Usenet... Off Topic is expected ;-)

G-S VK3DMN

Old March 23rd 05, 05:07 PM
MW0GUV

wrote:

Take your CB trash somewhere else. Nobody in the UK is remotely
interested in your nonsense.

That's probably because no one in the UK has enough working brain cells to
figure out what the IRLP actually stands for..

Martin

Don't let the predictable nonsense of a few of the resident idiots on this
group make you think that we are all the same over here.....

Regardless of the content of your post, they would have sniped at it, if
they couldn't snipe at the content they would have found a typo or a
spelling mistake... They are sad old men who have no other way of getting
any attention...

The one idiot in particular 'Walt' (who wears a dress by the way) is the
biggest moron here, he has a very limited
repertoire which mainly consists of.....

My license is bigger than yours

I'm really old and therefore better than you

And the old favourite...You must be a CBer.....

The bloke is a complete worthless idiot....Don't waste your time..... Good
luck with your contest, not my cup of tea but if we all liked the same
things wouldn't life be dull...

73

Andy MW0GUV (Englishman in Wales)

Old March 23rd 05, 07:32 PM
Jock.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:07:52 -0000, "MW0GUV" wrote:

I'm really old and therefore better than you

However awful you may consider him to be, he's 500% better
than you, old man.

Andy MW0GUV (Englishman in Wales)

(A white settler).

73 de Jock.
--
"Maybe this world is another planet's Hell."
- Aldous Huxley (1894-1963)
Old March 23rd 05, 07:39 PM
MW0GUV

"Jock." wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:07:52 -0000, "MW0GUV" wrote:

I'm really old and therefore better than you

However awful you may consider him to be, he's 500% better
than you, old man.

Baaaaaa (and other sheep like noises) and what do you base that statement on
(and I am far from old) mate.

Andy MW0GUV

Old March 23rd 05, 07:53 PM
Simon VK3XEM

wrote:

[drivel snipped]

Take your CB trash somewhere else. Nobody in the UK is remotely
interested in your nonsense.

73 de G3NYY

**** LISTED! Goodbye.

--
The views I present are my own and NOT of any organisation I belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
http://www.aca.gov.au/pls/radcom/cli...IENT_NO=157452
VoIP http://www.TALKonIP.com.au/