Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 3rd 05, 04:11 PM
David

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 10:55:29 -0400, "Dennis Gibbs"
wrote:

Hello all,

I am beginning the process of searching for some land on which to build a
home. It will be located in the Pacific Northwest, in a fairly rural area.
I expect to indulge myself heavily in my radio hobbies, including ham radio
(especially on the HF bands) as well as a fair amount of Short Wave
Listening. I would like to solicit advice on how to evaluate a potential
location for quality of radio reception.

Aside from the obvious (i.e., a high elevation, away from high voltage power
lines, plenty of room for antennas, etc.), are there any other attributes I
should consider to ensure the location will be conducive to my radio
activities?

Dennis

Why just ''high voltage'' power lines? I'd avoid all power lines.