Old August 8th 05, 09:12 AM
Robert

Default morse code from baby monitor

I wonder if anyone can throw light on this. I have a Tomy radio-linked
baby alarm. I find that when the receiver is plugged into the mains
unit I get faint morse code coming from the receiver. Interstingly it
seems to be RF pickup from the charger leads - it 'works' even if the
charger is not plugged into the mains.

The morse is being sent at about 40 characters per minute. There are
long strings of letters followed by pauses. But it doesn't seem to
make any sense. here's a typical sample:

ieideaeigeeetiesetneelneetsertedeteeit

I also get the odd isolated digit from time to time in the middle of
the letters.

Any thoughts?

Robert

Old August 8th 05, 02:41 PM
M. J. Powell

In message . com,
Robert writes

I wonder if anyone can throw light on this. I have a Tomy radio-linked
baby alarm. I find that when the receiver is plugged into the mains
unit I get faint morse code coming from the receiver. Interstingly it
seems to be RF pickup from the charger leads - it 'works' even if the
charger is not plugged into the mains.

The morse is being sent at about 40 characters per minute. There are
long strings of letters followed by pauses. But it doesn't seem to
make any sense. here's a typical sample:

ieideaeigeeetiesetneelneetsertedeteeit

I also get the odd isolated digit from time to time in the middle of
the letters.

Any thoughts?

I traced similar beeps to my fax machine and to my computer keyboard.

Mike
Old August 10th 05, 07:54 PM
Mike@Lincoln

"Robert" wrote in message
ups.com...

I wonder if anyone can throw light on this. I have a Tomy radio-linked
baby alarm. I find that when the receiver is plugged into the mains
unit I get faint morse code coming from the receiver. Interstingly it
seems to be RF pickup from the charger leads - it 'works' even if the
charger is not plugged into the mains.

The morse is being sent at about 40 characters per minute. There are
long strings of letters followed by pauses. But it doesn't seem to
make any sense. here's a typical sample:

ieideaeigeeetiesetneelneetsertedeteeit

I also get the odd isolated digit from time to time in the middle of
the letters.

Any thoughts?

Robert

Many things involving amplifiers of different sorts are prone to RF pickup
and are good demodulators. In my 60 years of interest in electronics I have
heard wierd things at times, such as the the projection equipment in my
local cinema picking up a local coast station for shipping, the DJs gear at
a night club with sound from a taxi radio, and strangest of all was in a pub
which was in the shadow of the masts of said radio station, when a customers
metal tankard was placed on a wet beer mat on a metal surface and we clearly
heard the coast station calling ships !
Interesting life is'nt it !!
Mike.