Old October 24th 05, 09:30 PM

Default What's wrong with being gay?

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:27:51 -0400, clvrmnky
wrote:

On 19/10/2005 4:33 AM, Dr.Ace wrote:
From the Bible (New International Version)
Leviticus 18:22
22 " 'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.
Punishments for Sin
Leviticus 20:13

13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have
done what is detestable.
They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. "

Leviticus 19:19

"Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a
diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither
shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee."

So, those 50/50 cotton/poly t-shirts are out of the question, then?

Other parts of Leviticus warn against those unclean shellfish, so those
are forbidden too, lest you anger God. So, no more lobster dinners. Or
growing more than one crop in your fields. Or not letting ground lay
fallow on Jubilee years.

my personal favorite is either in Levitcus or number and concerns the
requirement go a certain disance beyold the city when you need ..you
knwo realieve oneself

In a more symbolic reading, to Christians, Leviticus is part of the
prophecy of the coming of the messiah and his eventual death on the
cross as a sin offering. It is not specifically about Jewish law and
regulation for worship or marriage.

For Jews, Leviticus is specific instructions for the house of Aaron, the
tribe of priests. It may also be an important early part of the Torah
in the Talmudic tradition.

For anthropologists and biblical scholars it is an interesting example
of the rules created by early Judaic pastoralists (contemporaries of the
early Judaic people did not share many of these rules) specifically
dealing with the codification of items like food, clothing, kinship and
land ownership into distinct groups. Those items (like shellfish) which
could not be placed easily in a particular grouping (i.e., neither of
the land nor the sea) were declared "unclean" (and there is some
disagreement if this translation is even accurate.) Only items which
fit into a specific group or place were considered holy enough for the
Aaronites.

The verse you quote is part of a series of laws regarding marriage, sex
and childbirth; these rules followed many of the same requirements
regarding categorization and grouping.

There is a lot of interesting reading available about these early
monotheistic pastoralists and Leviticus is a very well studied, but
poorly understood, part of that history. There is a fair amount of
disagreement not only on what it means, but who wrote it and why. There
also happen to be some troublesome translation problems in Leviticus,
not unlike much of the old testament.

In short, applying the laws and pronouncements of Leviticus to a modern
situation to completely different times and people is not really
helpful. I encourage people who do so to remember that you shouldn't
just pick and choose the rules you like; that would be presumptuous. If
one is going to go around quoting Leviticus admonishing people to follow
it as if it was God's literal word on Earth, then they had better make
sure they are following it as strictly as they would have others do.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

well said sir

and much better typed than I would have ever managed
Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old October 24th 05, 09:47 PM

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 02:11:03 GMT, Fred Garvin

On 2005-10-17 21:13:51 -0400, Roger Wiseman said:

"Dan/W4NTI"
wrote:
THIS from a self admitted FAG.
What's wrong with being a fag?

Ummm, a little thing called AIDS? It's nature's way of saying "STOP IT".

I try not to echange bodily fulids with my lovers.

Old October 26th 05, 06:49 PM
Dr.Ace

It is my personal opinion that God doesn't necessarily hate fags but he
hates what fags do.

Submitted for your reading pleasure and education,
The following info is from
www.GodHatesFags.com

a.. SODOMY IS AN ABOMINABLE SIN, WORTHY OF DEATH.
a.. "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of
them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their
blood shall be upon them." Leviticus 20:13. "Who knowing the judgment of
God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the
same, but have pleasure in them that do them." Romans 1:32.
b.. See also Leviticus 18:22, Genesis 19, Romans 1:18-32, I Corinthians
6:9-11, I Timothy 1:10, and Jude 7.

a.. SODOMITES ARE PROUD OF THEIR SIN ("GAY PRIDE"), AND IN THAT PRIDEFUL
STATE THEY CANNOT REPENT - YOU CANNOT REPENT OF SOMETHING YOU'RE PROUD OF.
a.. "Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were
not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore they shall fall
among them that fall: at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down,
saith the LORD." Jeremiah 6:15.
b.. See also Jeremiah 13:23, Romans 1:24-32, Ezekiel 16:49-50, etc.
a.. THE SODOMITES' ONLY HOPE IS TO HAVE THE UNAMBIGUOUS TRUTH PREACHED TO
THEM, AND PERHAPS GOD WILL SOFTEN THEIR HEARTS AND GRANT THEM REPENTANCE TO
DEPART FROM THEIR SIN AND NAME THE NAME OF CHRIST. NOT VERY LIKELY, THOUGH,
SINCE GOD HAS GIVEN THEM UP.
a.. "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal,
The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name
of Christ depart from iniquity." II Timothy 2:19. "Wherefore God also gave
them up to uncleanness...unto vile affections...to a reprobate mind." Romans
1:24-28.
b.. See also II Timothy 2:24-26, Psalm 5:5, I Corinthians 6:9-11, Acts
17:30, Jude 22,23, etc.
a.. THERE IS A HELL WHERE ALL IMPENITENT SINNERS WILL RESIDE FOR ALL
ETERNITY. THAT INCLUDES SODOMITES (CALLED "DOGS").
a.. "And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcasses of the men that
have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall
their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh."
Isaiah 66:24. "For without are dogs..." Revelation 22:15.
b.. See also Mark 9:44, Luke 16:23, Revelation 20:15.
In summary, sodomites are wicked and sinners before the Lord exceedingly
(Gen. 13:13), are violent and doom nations (Gen. 19:1-25; Jgs. 19), are
abominable to God (Lev. 18:22), are worthy of death for their vile,
depraved, unnatural sex practices (Lev. 20:13; Rom. 1:32), are called dogs
because they are filthy, impudent and libidinous (Deut. 23:17,18; Mat. 7:6;
Phil. 3:2), produce by their very presence in society a kind of mass
intoxication from their wine made from grapes of gall from the vine of Sodom
and the fields of Gomorrah which poisons society's mores with the poison of
dragons and the cruel venom of asps (Deut. 32:32,33), declare their sin and
shame on their countenance (Isa. 3:9), are shameless and unable to blush
(Jer. 6:15), are workers of iniquity and hated by God (Psa. 5:5), are liars
and murderers (Jn. 8:44), are filthy and lawless (2 Pet. 2:7,8), are natural
brute beasts (2 Pet. 2:12), are dogs eating their own vomit and sows
wallowing in their own feces (2 Pet. 2:22), will proliferate at the end of
the world bringing final judgment on mankind (Lk. 17:28-30), have been
finally given up by God to uncleanness dishonoring their own bodies among
themselves, to vile affections, and to a reprobate mind such that they
cannot think straight about anything (Rom. 1:23-28), have wholly given
themselves over to fornication and gone after strange flesh (Jude 7), must
be pulled as faggots from the fire (Jude 23), and have no hope of Heaven
unless they repent (Rev. 22:15), which they can't do in their prideful state
(Jer. 6:15). They need to hear this truth if they are to have any hope of
penitence, faith in Jesus Christ and salvation (I Timothy 4:2-4).

If this Gospel truth offends you, TOUGH.

Ace - WH2T

"clvrmnky" wrote in message
. ca...
From the Bible (New International Version)

--
Clever "Straight but not Narrow" Monkey

Old October 27th 05, 04:29 AM
an_old_friend

Dr.Ace wrote:
It is my personal opinion that God doesn't necessarily hate fags but he
hates what fags do.

cut
If this Gospel truth offends you, TOUGH.

well your understanding of it )which is disputed by folks better to
argue the matter than I) is not and should be the law of the land

and I remind to "vengenanace is mine sayth the lord" Paul to the Romans
meaningit is not your place to punish the "transgressor" better
thoelogans than myself would denouce you for trying

Ace - WH2T

Old October 27th 05, 12:09 PM
K4YZ

On 2005-10-17 21:13:51 -0400, Roger Wiseman said:

"Dan/W4NTI"
wrote:
THIS from a self admitted FAG.
What's wrong with being a fag?

Ummm, a little thing called AIDS? It's nature's way of saying "STOP IT".

wrong again

Uhhhh...no acutally, he's right, but probably not for the same
reasons.

It's only SOME men's bigoted (that would be YOU, Markie) concept
that homosapiens is somehow above Mother Nature's need to thin the herd
once in a while.

AIDS wields a double edged sword...If it can't slow down the human
growth rate by forcing humans to slow down their copulation habits, it
just kills them outright.

Our grandchildren will probably laugh at us for having not known
that the "cure" was something they take for granted, but then they will
probably have a scourge of their own that's every bit as ugly.

Steve, K4YZ

Old October 27th 05, 03:11 PM

On 2005-10-17 21:13:51 -0400, Roger Wiseman said:

"Dan/W4NTI"
wrote:
THIS from a self admitted FAG.
What's wrong with being a fag?

Ummm, a little thing called AIDS? It's nature's way of saying "STOP IT".

wrong again

Uhhhh...no acutally, he's right, but probably not for the same
reasons.

It's only SOME men's bigoted (that would be YOU, Markie) concept
that homosapiens is somehow above Mother Nature's need to thin the herd
once in a while.

more of your lies Stevie

Old October 29th 05, 05:29 PM
Wayne P. Muckleroy

Well...I'll have you know that I am a chronic depressive and I find being in
the presence of the gay and happy to be quite uncomfortable!

Old October 29th 05, 09:24 PM

Wayne P. Muckleroy wrote:
Well...I'll have you know that I am a chronic depressive and I find being in
the presence of the gay and happy to be quite uncomfortable!

Lloyd's happy now that his idol Mr Sulu outed himself to be a fellow
cock-gobbler.