Old February 28th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
wy0ohg143

Default Yes, another new yahoo group

Ham Radio Unplugged

This new group is dedicated to all aspects of Amateur Radio.
This group supports free and uncensored speech, so a moderator will not be
jumping in all the time telling people how to conduct themselves as is done
in other groups. Of course no ongoing "flame wars" or spam will be allowed,
but if you have something to say about Ham Radio then go ahead and say it.

All are Welcome Here.

Old February 28th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Jerseyj

"This grup supports free and uncensored speech"
"Of course, no ongoing "flamewars"....will be allowed..."

Which is it ?

Old February 28th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
wy0ohg143

"Jerseyj" wrote in message
"This grup supports free and uncensored speech"
"Of course, no ongoing "flamewars"....will be allowed..."

Which is it ?

You have a point, but I think this group can be both.

You can have free speech without the group being reduced to nothing but
flame wars, such as is the case with most of the Ham Radio Usenet groups
now.
If you're familiar with a lot of the yahoo groups, you may notice the
moderators jump all over people for many reasons. If they think a thread
has gone on too long, if they don't like the topic, etc. That will not
happen in this group.
I'm also not saying that if you think someone is talking out of their ass
you can't say so. I'm just saying that the group is not "Ham Radio Flame
Wars".

By the way, I have corrected the typo in the group name so here is the
correct link:

Old March 16th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc

Thats sad that your trolling for members in the sewers of
rec.radio.amateur.misc.

You'll reap what you sow.