Old March 26th 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default "Hello..." ARRL not wanting to help impove the service. Why?

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
ups.com:
wrote:
Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
oups.com:
Slow Code wrote:

Is it because they think they can get more money with dumber hams?

SC

"Hello..."

Breaker Breaker...

"Hello..."

I guess "Slow Code" Dan isn't an ARRL member.

Ten-Nine Good-buddy? Breaker, Breaker, You a product of out-come based
licensing?

"Hello..."

I guess you missed out on the ARRL's campaign to bring more amateurs on
board.

I was a member for many many years, but I dumped them nine years ago when
they started pushing their proposals to dumb things down.

I always thought the code was doing enough to dumb down the service.

I want those
assholes to give me my dues money back now. I didn't pay them to screw
everything up.

BTW, I'm not Dan.

SC

In the April 2006 editorial by David Sumner, K1ZZ, David introduces the
concept of "Hello."

And in the 8th paragraph, he validates something I've said and have
been blasted for again and again. I've said that you almost have to
know a ham to become a ham. And I've said it again and again and again
despite the attacks from the Extra-Elite that storm the halls of RRAP.

Here are David's exact words:

"The best place to start is with the people closest to you. Most of us
were introduced to Amateur Radio by friends and family, or by someone
once removed - the friend of a friend. Oh, we might have read a book
or seen an article or some television coverage about Amateur Radio, but
it took the personal touch to turn that glimmer of interest into a
passion. It took someone's helping hand to guide us through the maze
of unfamiliar terms, baffling regulations and arcane procedures. Now
it's our turn."

Now David Sumner, K1ZZ, speaking for the ARRL in QST magazine validates
what I've said and have been attacked for saying.

Did David say, "Most of us were introduced to Amateur Radio by friends
and family, or by someone once removed - the friend of a friend???"
Yes, he did.

Did David say "baffling regulations???" Yes, he did.

Well, I didn't need David's validation. I knew I was speaking the
truth all along.

This is funny, coming right on the heels of the FCC validating what
they think the true worth of the ARS.

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
ARRL Propose New License Class & Code-Free HF Access Lloyd Mitchell Antenna 43 October 26th 04 01:37 AM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1415 ­ September 24, 2004 Radionews Policy 1 September 24th 04 07:12 PM
Broadcast Station Field Strengths.. Reg Edwards Antenna 3 December 29th 03 02:54 AM